Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Would like to be educated and was curious, what brakes do the base Giulia have? Are they ceramic brakes? Also would you consider them high performance brakes even if it is not a QV model? Pictures of my Misano Blue are attached and one from the day I got her :). Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They are not ceramic but they are high performance.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
The base Giulia (all 2.0L) have 4-Pot Brembos up front and standard calipers in the rear. Good offering.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Look at the brake dust. I suspect they might be metallic. Black dust is usually metallic, reddish brown of my Posiquiets are a ceramic. Those are quiet and lower dust too.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
you can tell by the color they are not the CC, just standard (performance) brakes.

side by side the size of the CC rotors and calipers is quite apparent, they fill the inside of the wheel completely.

unless you are seriously tracking the car the standard brakes are more than sufficient according to those who have them.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
But pads in particular can still vary with the steel brakes. I'm pretty sure I will get PosiQuiet ceramic pads because the low noise and dust combo is great and I just do not notice any real decrease in performance. But of course, this was on the 348 more than a year ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts