Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven?t even had my Giulia for a month and I?ve already been in a few incidents were I needed to panic stop and press my brake pedal down hard while traveling at a high speed to cars breaking unexpectedly or a light green light turning yellow right when I?m about to pull up the red and I don?t want to run it. Before those incident my Giulia would come to a complete stop without having to press down hard and it would have a nice feeling like it?s trying to resist my foot so it doesn?t feel lose or weak. Now I really need to press the pedal down all the way so it will stop and it doesn?t have the friction feeling anymore, it feels weaker. Should I replace my brake pads? Anyone recommend what brake pads to buy?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
It is probably not worn brake pads. Reference post #117 in the following thread:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/7...s-problems/13226-brake-knocking-noise-12.html

If you stomp on the brake pedal you should hear the emergency flashers come on and maybe the ABS actuate (harder to hear/feel). Find a safe place to do this. If the car will not brake that hard it is time to see your service center (or studio as Alfa Cares calls it) to figure out what is wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.