Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Though the 5-Series rival has been delayed until 2021, the Giulia coupe should be joining Alfa Romeo’s lineup late 2018.

Alfa Romeo is pushing out models to compete with its German rivals and the large sedan was positioned to take on the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6, similar to the Giulia challenging BMW’s 3 Series. A few months ago, it had a rumored debut date of 2018.

Around the same size as a BMW 5 Series, CarBuzz speculated that the flagship sedan would share the Giulia’s 2.2-liter diesel and 2.0-liter gasoline engine with RWD and AWD. Now Automotive News is reporting a delay with the release date pushed back to 2021. Perhaps Alfa Romeo is timing the large sedan’s release to coincide with the Giulia refresh and Stelvio update.

In the meantime, Alfa Romeo fans have the Giulia coupe to look forward to. We can expect to see the Giulia based coupe on showroom floors in late 2018. Though nothing specific has been released, the two door vehicle is obviously gunning for the BMW 4 Series and Audi A5. A Giulia Quadrifoglio coupe could make an appearance as well, taking on the Audi RS5, BMW M4, and Mercedes-AMG C63.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Definitely wanting to see more and more info on the bigger sedan. Would be good timing with my lease expiring on the Giulia.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
So giving Alfa the benefit of the doubt that they will actually produce a coupe` and a luxo-sedan.....given their track record with the Giulia...add a couple of years to the stated release dates LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Best clue here:

"Now Automotive News is reporting a delay with the release date pushed back to 2021." 4 years give or take. I'll just trade in my Sedan for a Coupe unless the back seat is crazy cramped. They missed all of the auto shows this past model year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
AFAIK no.

6C, compact 'UV, and full-size 'UV in 2020. Keep in mind I'm talking about European class size. So 'UV are BMW X1 and X5 competitors.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And notice how that article is 2 years old! SO we are st least 2 years out from anything . Also notice how the real Giulia is a combination of the 6C and Gluila pictured with the older 4C/Giulietta front styling. Deep V grill, but narrow headlights. That's about it. If the coupe ever materializes, I will trade for it if it's worth it. DOuble dating is probably easier in a "more door" 4d saloon. ;)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
And notice how that article is 2 years old! SO we are st least 2 years out from anything . Also notice how the real Giulia is a combination of the 6C and Gluila pictured with the older 4C/Giulietta front styling. Deep V grill, but narrow headlights. That's about it. If the coupe ever materializes, I will trade for it if it's worth it. DOuble dating is probably easier in a "more door" 4d saloon. ;)
Hey, let's begin with delivering the ordered, built, delivered to US port, MY2018's.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
22 Posts
(Just trying to get to 10 posts) I say a YouTube video somewhere that Alfa got all these engineers from Ferarri to help, before they could not - some time constraint. They won't be able to help on any newer cars, or future Giulias? Can they recapture the magic without these engineers?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sure a larger sedan may simply be shared with a next Maserati Ghibli update. Similar mindset of cars.....one more upscale one more down scale but still both sport/luxury minded.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good question. And looking at the factory videos, the side frame stamp molds will change significantly of course. Then the roof, floor, rear, doors. Re engineering the door post will be a big deal. Part of why some complain about it being too close to the drivers head on the saloon are due to strength and lightness. Watching the Saloon harry a 911RS on the Nordschleife kinda makes the coupe a moot point. It also beat a 458 Italia by ~0.015 seconds :D

Forgot to click post.

That video was kinda negative and snarky. Watch Doug DeMuro with Claudia and Kanundrum's Quad. They are Alfisti.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ciao !!! to all out there .....somewhere ????....Alfisri or not ,
just enjoy whichever ALFA ROMEO , IL FAMOSO BISCIONE , you have at the moment ,
LIFE is NOW !!! as i sad before NO COUPE !!! LINE UP as it stands today .
all gossip . First they have to get the numbers ??? achive set goals ???
....and then maybe ????
production slowed down already as is .
DRIVE TO RED LINE !!! WHAT U GOT !!!
ALL THE BEST !!!
fabrizio nuvolari @ salazar alfa romeo
305-318=5264

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ciao Favoloso! Prego, e d'Avraia(sp?) Spalanca! Secondotestamale. :D

I plan to go to the New England Auto Show next month here in Boston. I doubt there will be any sign of a coupe. Even in Europe, let's wait and see. The saloon is so great anyway, and the proportions and lines are fine as they are.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I think I prefer my 4 door qv to the 2 door in the rendering. it is my first 4 door sedan ever...and it is a bad azz.
I don't know where I found this image. It is similar, but looks like a 4-door. I like this very well

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Enough of the Murky Sasquatch Photos and Photoshopping!!

The 2 door coupe is at least a clay mock-up in Italy. Found this very short glimpse of what I believe to be the car in Netflix’s Abstract: The Art of Design S1:E5 “Ralph Gilles: Automotive Design” at 38:47-39:05.

The entire series is amazing and inspiring; but, this episode on FCA’s wonderkind maestro Mr. Gilles features footage of “Corina” a beautiful 1957 SuperSport Zagato “double bubble” coupe in the Mille Miglia later rolling up to the AR Centro Stile design center in Turin where a very brief long shot and 8 seconds of closeups of the possible “2 door big foot” appears.

Have a look Alfisti, and tell me “do you see what I see?” I believe the doorline relief, which has already been sculpted, is too short to be anything but a coupe. The headlight and front-end is unmistakable Giulia, all the way!

Here’s a little snapshot of the Netflix thumbnail to help you locate. Couldn’t (and wouldn’t) grab any frames, cuz it would spoil the fun of y’all looking for yourselves.

Let me know,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts