Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you turn off the seat function that moves the driver seat back every time you open the drivers door? Its very annoying. Also, how do you turn off the function of the mirrors folding every time you set the alarm (lock the car)? I've looked in book and not able to find answer. Thanks!

New Giulia owner here. Just got my QF

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
How do you turn off the seat function that moves the driver seat back every time you open the drivers door? Its very annoying. Also, how do you turn off the function of the mirrors folding every time you set the alarm (lock the car)? I've looked in book and not able to find answer. Thanks!

Go in the infotainment settings for the seat, for the mirrors I do not think you can turn them off.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Not sure on the mirrors, but the moving seat can be solved in the vehicle settings via center screen. Can't remember the exact terminology, but I noticed it when I was seeing how many of the safety features you can turn off permanently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy. I was looking for that seat function and I can't find it. Strange. I did not think it would be that hard. Any chance you can tell me exactly where you saw it? Thanks.

·
Administrator
506 Posts
Hey guys!

Thanks for all your contributions -- it is very much appreciated. Just wanted to let you all know that I've moved this thread to the "Interior" sub-section within the "2017+ Alfa Romeo Giulia Tech Section" as it's a more appropriate section for a question like this.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Happy posting!

Natalie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did anyone find the menu location for this seat setting?
I have been searching but no luck.
The seat sliding back when exiting puts that pesky b pillar in the way when i exit.

thanks..any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts

2 very silly annoying features - hope Alfa is listening and will update the software to allow us to disable them !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did anyone find the menu location for this seat setting?
I have been searching but no luck.
The seat sliding back when exiting puts that pesky b pillar in the way when i exit.

thanks..any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure if you are still having this problem, but if you reprogram memory seat #1 from the default, the easy access stops working. I have the opposite problem because I liked the easy access sliding back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
AlfaLonghorn, I have tried a couple of times to input a 'new' memory 1 position to stop the easy access but can't seem to get it to work. Are you supposed to let the seat go back in easy access mode, then while the car is stationary reprogram?

·
Registered
20 Posts
AlfaLonghorn, I have tried a couple of times to input a 'new' memory 1 position to stop the easy access but can't seem to get it to work. Are you supposed to let the seat go back in easy access mode, then while the car is stationary reprogram?
Hey Piccia, for me, all I did was program the memory function after I had the seat adjusted to where I wanted it. I pressed the memory button until it beeped, and I never had the easy access mode work again. Maybe move the seat after you program it and press the button to move it back to the preset. See if that stops the easy access feature.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My situation is similar to Piccia's: no way to stop the seat from moving back. Also, for me (Ti) there is no option in the menu to disable this feature. My guess is there are multiple versions of software that differ slightly in seat control. In any case I hope Alfa can make the menu option permanent in future updates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts