Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Veloce RWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I plasti-dipped my 'Giulia' and 'Veloce' badges from chrome to matte black and I have to say, they should definitely come black from factory. They suit the sporty look of the car so much more. All in all cost about £10!
So a very cheap mod if anybody is considering it.
Will post more pictures tomorrow when it is light outside:cool:
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
34 Posts
I did this with my old Seat Leon and looked great, but those headlights/back lights were a lot easier to take out to spray. What would you recommend?
I did mine without a spray, just a light smoke tint (but it has a purple hue to it). It was shockingly easy to put on, more or less like any normal vinyl application. I can send a picture once I get a good photo opportunity.

This two pack was enough to do both front headlights and both taillights

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the black Nero letters on a Vulcano black Ti as well. Ordered carbon fiber bezels for the chrome rings around the front and rear round logo’s. Coming from China for under $20. Will post a pic when the come in. Also having a local custom shop smoke my tail lights with a light tint. I like that look and it matches the Nero. He only charged me $175 for my magnetite gray Subie Ascent tail lights. They change the entire look the of the car. The Ascent also got a total chrome delete. Considering a light window tint also but haven’t decided for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did you use spray plastidip or you dunked the whole thing? How many coats did it take?
I am a little embarrassed to admit, I had a local custom shop do the taillight tint on my subaru ascent. He removed the lights and sprayed them with what he call a “light-tint”. The pic below shows how it turned out. I am not really sure what product he used, but it came out as I had hoped it would.

Wheel Cloud Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did mine without a spray, just a light smoke tint (but it has a purple hue to it). It was shockingly easy to put on, more or less like any normal vinyl application. I can send a picture once I get a good photo opportunity.

This two pack was enough to do both front headlights and both taillights

A bit late with my response, but I was able to take a picture of my rear to show the tint and blacked out emblems I put on it. Planning on adding blacked out Alfa Romeo logos on the front and back, too, but I’m waiting for warmer, drier weather to be able to properly attach them
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where'd you source the badges?
I got those on AliExpress. They’re pretty good quality (metal not plastic) and even include adhesive padding. My only complaint is that the letters are not sized perfectly, some are a little shorter, and the I’s especially don’t seem to have the same molding, not being sized the same. However they look great if you’re not pressing your face against it. It’s one of those things where, as anyone who works with their hands can understand, the only person who really notices it is the person who did it :p

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
95 Posts
I got those on AliExpress. They’re pretty good quality (metal not plastic) and even include adhesive padding. My only complaint is that the letters are not sized perfectly, some are a little shorter, and the I’s especially don’t seem to have the same molding, not being sized the same. However they look great if you’re not pressing your face against it. It’s one of those things where, as anyone who works with their hands can understand, the only person who really notices it is the person who did it :p
Huh I was only able to find the plastic ones on Aliexpress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts