Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the amazing features of the 2020. Wireless charging is awesome but how do I use it with CarPlay? Doesn’t CarPlay have to be plugged in? Seems to defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If wireless CarPlay is your purpose, then you're right.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure wireless charging is that essential in cars to be honest. I jump in the car and drive, with keys and phone in my pant's pockets, not touching or removing at all. I can't remember the last time I needed to charge my phone in my car. Not that had to head out with a full battery in your phone.

Give me the additional storage space of the MY17-19 any day over the half-size storage and wireless charging area any day of the week please.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Love the amazing features of the 2020. Wireless charging is awesome but how do I use it with CarPlay? Doesn’t CarPlay have to be plugged in? Seems to defeat the purpose.
There are wireless CarPlay adapters available, little boxes which plug into the vehicle's USB port and wirelessly bridge your phone to the car. They're not perfectly awesome, which is to say they don't perform as seamlessly as a wired connection, but they work well enough that some folks like them.

I have a CarPlay2Air unit which I found had annoying characteristics like slow startup, occasional audio instability, and created particular audio connection issues with AlfaConnect because of the BlueTooth audio profiles for CarPlay and AlfaConnect. My experience seems to be a bit anomalous according to other users on a wireless CarPlay thread here about it, though:

Apparently this unit works as well: Amazon.com: Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay Adapter U2W for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars, Compatible with Audi/Porsche/Volvo/Volkswagen/Ford SYNC3, Online Upgrade, iOS 13, USB Type A/C Convert Wired to Wireless carplay: GPS & Navigation

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Not sure wireless charging is that essential in cars to be honest. I jump in the car and drive, with keys and phone in my pant's pockets, not touching or removing at all. I can't remember the last time I needed to charge my phone in my car. Not that had to head out with a full battery in your phone.

Give me the additional storage space of the MY17-19 any day over the half-size storage and wireless charging area any day of the week please.
You're not a heavy phone user. Cool story.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
But you are.... cool story.
You have nothing useful to add to the thread; we get that loud and clear, so please, don't feel obligated to keep posting.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You have nothing useful to add to the thread; we get that loud and clear, so please, don't feel obligated to keep posting.
I'm entitled to an opinion. Some get kicks out of a wireless charging zone that majority will never use. Others get kicks out of driving their QV's. You clearly get kicks by increasing your post count with redundant and useless replies. You now shouldn't be obligated to post any further otherwise you do nothing more than prove my point.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'm entitled to an opinion. Some get kicks out of a wireless charging zone that majority will never use. Others get kicks out of driving their QV's. You clearly get kicks by increasing your post count with redundant and useless replies. You now shouldn't be obligated to post any further otherwise you do nothing more than prove my point.
First, the bad news: your stories are getting less cool, bro. Less cogent, too. The good news is you're maintaining the same high level of uselessness. IMO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So just to clarify , you both are saying if I Use the wireless charger Pad I can’t also Use CarPlay wirelessly correct ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can use Car Play and wireless charging if you have one of the adapters, like CarPlay2Air. See chaadster's first post.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So just to clarify , you both are saying if I Use the wireless charger Pad I can’t also Use CarPlay wirelessly correct ?
Nothing to do with whether you are using wireless charging or not, the Giulia will not natively work with wireless carplay. You can buy after aftermarket adaptor that will allow you to use carplay wirelessly but it's not perfect.
Separately to all that, you can use the wireless charging to charge your phone assuming your phone is compatible with wireless charging.
Ultimately, you can charge your phone wirelessly and use carplay wirelessly as the same time if you buy the aftermarket kit and put up with all the issues that arise from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts