Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an '88 Milano, '88 944 and currently a '15 Mustang as my driving references, the prospect of owning a Giulia is exciting.

Motortrend June '17 issue has a very detailed comparison pitting the new Alfa against the following 2.0t 2017 upscale sedans:
Audi A4 quattro
Cadillac ATS
Jaguar XE 25t
Lexus IS 200t F Sport
Mercedes C300 Sport

I fully endorse their selection criteria as it tightly packs the value proposition.
2017 Compact Luxury Sport 2.0t rwd Sedans with $399/mo factory lease offers.
Only the Audi was awd.
BMW & Infiniti were notably absent.

The statistics, measurements, impressions and subjectives in this comparo fully detail the editors' choices.
Enjoy! -mike

(Owing to copyright restrictions, I've elected not to post pictures of the article.
If a Moderator permits, I'll be glad to share for those non-MT Subscribers)

·
Registered
73 Posts
FCA has really hit the ball out of the park with this Giulia, thats now the 2.0 and the 2.9 turbos that have taken on the Germans and done away with them. Bravo Alfa Romeo...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks, useful article! I'm strongly leaning towards a Giulia Ti. But Audi A4 and Merc are also considerations. Audis are great cars- I've had several - but the brand new A4 is a big fat styling failure. Just like BMW, Audi is becoming ultra conservative with design and headed down the same stale path as Toyota did.

The Merc C300, in particular the coupe, is tempting. Very handsome cars. Also a great value in terms of luxury. But people tell me that the non-AMG versions are very boring to drive, basically Hondas with super nice interiors.

I appreciate Alfa for catering to the type of driver I am. These types of cars won't be made in the near future, so my thought is to enjoy then while I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts