Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

Registered
Thank you for the prompt reply... but I do have an early 2017 and I DO have the weather stripping piece, from the factory, on my Giulia. Geez..., if this is happening on mine, with the weatherstrip, I can only imagine what the hood did without it馃馃槷
Perhaps the hood is slightly higher then the bumper causing a gap for the wind to get through?
Maybe hood isn鈥檛 flush with bumper?

Registered
My early build (DOM 7-18-17) MY2018 Ti Q4 Lusso has the rubber strip on the hood. FYI, no SGW.

Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
Its a weather strip on 2017 and 2018 cars. It can be added to 2019 and maybe early 2020 but i believe 2021 deletes the holes it clips into.

My 5/20 build doesn't have the holes. Guess I'll have to check for hood flutter.

Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option !!
Perhaps the hood is slightly higher then the bumper causing a gap for the wind to get through?
Maybe hood isn鈥檛 flush with bumper?
The entire length of the hood/bumper fitting is excellent!! I鈥檓 not sure why or how the hood gets a little shake at 鈥榰pper鈥 highway speeds and beyond?? I鈥檝e noticed this problem since the first days/weeks I purchased it?! The slight shake is t terrible or anything, but it has been noticeable and when I saw a thread about someone else noticing this I thought I鈥檇 add my 2-cents??!!?? With that being said, I do like the 2 hood catches on either side of the hood!! (not just the one on the middle)

Registered
I have noticed that my hood has a bit of a 鈥榮hake鈥 at normal highway speeds (60mph-80mph)?! When I hit its top speed of 150mph, sorry I can鈥檛 respond, I wasn鈥檛 paying attention to that!! Another thing, something I haven鈥檛 heard/seen talked about on this forum鈥 the sunroof?! It is quite solid and sealed, I haven鈥檛 noticed any wind noise from it until I hit 120mph+ or so!!!?! After about 120, I do get a little noise from the sunroof?!?! Also, the windows have had no wind noise whatsoever at any speed which is really nice. And one more thing... the brakes are fantastic at all speeds! I have hit them quite hard at excessive speeds and have noticed little to no brake fade or feel!! All-in-all I have thoroughly enjoyed my Giulia completely!!
Not that it comes up often, but I have the same issue with the sunroof on my 2019. Not sure what to do about it. If I tell the dealer my sunroof flutters at 125 mph, I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to GTF out of their store.

Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q4
Hit 170mph in my 鈥89 944 turbo on I-40 (early Sunday am). Had never had been over 125mph prior. The diff between 125 and 170 is insane. Could only imagine 200mph...one day...

Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
Not that it comes up often, but I have the same issue with the sunroof on my 2019. Not sure what to do about it. If I tell the dealer my sunroof flutters at 125 mph, I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to GTF out of their store.
Yet another reason why sport models should not have sunroofs?
OTOH I think @DrEndAll was talking about some wind noise, not fluttering or other alarming sounds coming from the shatter prone glass that is posed to kill your rear seat passengers.
The car is supposed to be safe-enough up to the 149MPH speed limiter.

As I have stated before I have seen easily noticeable harmonic vibration on the rear edge of my aluminum hood at 50MPH driving speed in a strong cross wind.
I think the CF hood should be more resistant to such vibrations since CF is stiffer than Al and it is likely to be thicker as well. All of this makes me wonder if the 149MPH speed limiter value is due to instability of the aluminum hood at high speeds. I am also suspicious that there may be a front uplift issue at high speeds unless you have the hood vents.

Lastly, please note that the Giulia hood has 3-count-em-3 latches, one on each side plus the emergency latch in the middle.

Registered
2017 Giulia Ti RWD
Although I love the fact that my Giulia Ti can do 0-60 in the 5 second range (does that count as a 5 second car?), to me the best feature of this car is that it can turn. I know that sounds stupid but most muscle cars will go fast in a straight line and this car is not a dragster. But on a track or on a curve even doing 30 you can tell its not a Mustang or charger or something else common with lots of metal under the hood. Ther are plenty of videos with supercars being smoked by hatchbacks that have been modified to the max. What you don't see are those some cars taking anything close to a Giulia on a curve. I feel we forget that this car is purpose built for performance, not beating land speed records. Its the totality of what it can do that is impressive. The fact that your head gets planted into the headrest when you slam the gas peddle is just a plus:cool:
Personally I feel, not many cars with the same specs would fair well against a stock Giulia on a course.

Registered
Although I love the fact that my Giulia Ti can do 0-60 in the 5 second range (does that count as a 5 second car?), to me the best feature of this car is that it can turn. I know that sounds stupid but most muscle cars will go fast in a straight line and this car is not a dragster. But on a track or on a curve even doing 30 you can tell its not a Mustang or charger or something else common with lots of metal under the hood. Ther are plenty of videos with supercars being smoked by hatchbacks that have been modified to the max. What you don't see are those some cars taking anything close to a Giulia on a curve. I feel we forget that this car is purpose built for performance, not beating land speed records. Its the totality of what it can do that is impressive. The fact that your head gets planted into the headrest when you slam the gas peddle is just a plus:cool:
Personally I feel, not many cars with the same specs would fair well against a stock Giulia on a course.
I agree chargers are not nimble but a mustang is very capable on tracks. They are not slouches

61 - 71 of 71 Posts