Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,627 Posts
Yes, just needs some hood vents. My hood gets kinda shaky at high speeds. Did you notice the same?
I've seen my hood shake at 50MPH with a strong (50-60MPH) cross wind.
My question relative to hood vents is if the air flow would actually work to reduce front end uplift. I'm still kicking around the idea of fitting a QV CF hood to my Q4. Note that the QV CF hood may alter air flow around the radiator unless some kind of baffle is fitted.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes, just needs some hood vents. My hood gets kinda shaky at high speeds. Did you notice the same?
I wasn’t exactly paying attention to my hood at 151😂 my main concern was keeping my eyes on the road insuring no pot holes were in my way or animals or anything.
plus I sit lowand backthe way I sit I can’t see the hood

hood is pretty thin though I would assume it shakes

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I've seen my hood shake at 50MPH with a strong (50-60MPH) cross wind.
My question relative to hood vents is if the air flow would actually work to reduce front end uplift. I'm still kicking around the idea of fitting a QV CF hood to my Q4. Note that the QV CF hood may alter air flow around the radiator unless some kind of baffle is fitted.

This is a good candidate. Probably cheaper than OEM. Needs to be painted though:

If I ever have to replace the hood that's what I'll get. Otherwise, you can keep your eye on wrecked Giulias... unfortunately the hood rarely survives an accident intact.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,627 Posts
This is a good candidate. Probably cheaper than OEM. Needs to be painted though:

If I ever have to replace the hood that's what I'll get. Otherwise, you can keep your eye on wrecked Giulias... unfortunately the hood rarely survives an accident intact.
The Feroce Carbon hood seems to be described as a CF veneer over FRP. It is probably heavier than the aluminum hood. Someone pointed out to me that if the vents were the only thing one is going after, paying a custom shop to cut some holes in the original aluminum hood and install vent screens would be much less expensive than buying and painting a QV CF hood. OTOH, I am not certain if the understructure of the aluminum hood is amenable to vent hole cutting.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport with trailer hitch
3,188 Posts
The hood shaking is from alfa saving 4 bucks and removing a weather seal from the front of the hood. You can still buy the oem seal from them and add it. We all still have the fastening points on our hoods.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,008 Posts
The hood shaking is from alfa saving 4 bucks and removing a weather seal from the front of the hood. You can still buy the oem seal from them and add it. We all still have the fastening points on our hoods.
Really? Do you have a part number by chance?

Reactions: tvrbob

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Really? Do you have a part number by chance?
Looks like ar is not even producing it anymore...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Good run. your speedometer looks like it reads 1mph low. That’s a first. Usually the Alfa are 2-3 mph high. That was with JB4?
Thanks.

All stock except jb4 map1

Its actually 86f here right now in +2000 DA. In January or February when we get a couple of those -1000 days ive no doubt its going to trap 106mph

I dont think alfa calibrates the speedo to the different wheel/ tire packages they offer. With the 225/255 staggered setup with new ps4s this is how it reads. Its pretty close

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option !!
72 Posts
I have noticed that my hood has a bit of a ‘shake’ at normal highway speeds (60mph-80mph)?! When I hit its top speed of 150mph, sorry I can’t respond, I wasn’t paying attention to that!! Another thing, something I haven’t heard/seen talked about on this forum— the sunroof?! It is quite solid and sealed, I haven’t noticed any wind noise from it until I hit 120mph+ or so!!!?! After about 120, I do get a little noise from the sunroof?!?! Also, the windows have had no wind noise whatsoever at any speed which is really nice. And one more thing... the brakes are fantastic at all speeds! I have hit them quite hard at excessive speeds and have noticed little to no brake fade or feel!! All-in-all I have thoroughly enjoyed my Giulia completely!!

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option !!
72 Posts
I fixed the hood shake...

View attachment 108832
Hey bro, can I ask exactly what you did?? All I see is a quote “I fixed the hood shake” and then I see a picture of a weather stripping piece that is half hanging off the front of the hood??? I get a little shake at even just highway speeds sometimes.... ???

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey bro, can I ask exactly what you did?? All I see is a quote “I fixed the hood shake” and then I see a picture of a weather stripping piece that is half hanging off the front of the hood??? I get a little shake at even just highway speeds sometimes.... ???
There is a thread on this but keeping a story short.
Some of the Giulias come with weatherstripping along the front of the hood and some don’t. Those who have reported a shaky hood have noticed the problem to go away or get better after installing the weatherstripping

if I remember correctly the weather stripping is discontinued.My 2017 came with one.
My advice. If you don’t have the weather stripping. Find a junk yard that has this car and see if they willing to sell just that piece.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just went and checked my 2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 hood and it has a 3/4 weather stripping piece already on the front/bottom of the hood ?!?! J/W ??

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Its a weather strip on 2017 and 2018 cars. It can be added to 2019 and maybe early 2020 but i believe 2021 deletes the holes it clips into.

I picked it up here..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its a weather strip on 2017 and 2018 cars. It can be added to 2019 and maybe early 2020 but i believe 2021 deletes the holes it clips into.

I picked it up here..

Thank you for the prompt reply... but I do have an early 2017 and I DO have the weather stripping piece, from the factory, on my Giulia. Geez..., if this is happening on mine, with the weatherstrip, I can only imagine what the hood did without it🤔😮

41 - 60 of 71 Posts