Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option !!
72 Posts
Hello everyone,
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the top speed of the 2.0 Giulia Ti (17-18-19 models). Ive heard mixed answers ranging from 146 mph to 160 mph but still unclear. Also I heard the madness and EC performance upgrades can increase the max speed as well. Any answers are appreciated! Thanks!!
-Check out my profile pic! PROOF!!-
I have a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 with 225/40 19” Pirelli all season runflat tires. My Alfa has every option, including the Performance Package, and I hit 150 mph until the cpu shut it down with about 500 rpm left until red line. Sooo, without any modifications my Giulia did 150mph and I estimate, if I could bypass the limiter and take it slightly into the red, the car would do close to 160 mph!!! I absolutely LOVE my Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4!!

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option !!
72 Posts
so you hit about 146-147 mph since speedometer reads high.
I love the HATE my friend! We all expect nothing more (less) from the “internet”. I have a proof and still get no love. Keep the HATE alive brotha??!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You guys do know that the tire manufacturer as well as the owners manual say that you need to substantially increase tire pressure before making a high speed run? IIRC you need about 40-42PSI cold in the 225 40R19 tires for speeds over 125MPH. Otherwise you risk a blow out from a sidewall failure, and a blow out would be disastrous at such speeds.

In spite of the safety rating of Giulia, the safety systems are not really designed to cope with such high speeds. Airbags are not fast enough to do anything useful, for example. I do not know if the safety belt retractors are fast enough, but I doubt it.

A long while back a forum member posted a QV run on the Autobahn. He managed to run it up to a bit over 290KPH (about 181MPH) before traffic forced a slow down.
Actually I do know exactly what you’re talking about — the manufacturer says 35lbs front and 37lbs rear.... before I made this “run” I put the tires at 40lbs front and 42lbs rear because I knew the max mph was 149mph rating on these exact tires and know how temperature effects the numbers. After all this being said... I also know it may not have been the smartest and/or safest “run” to make but I wanted to see what my Giulia Ti Sport could do!? The picture says what me and my Giulia Ti Sport did in fact DO in a real-world situation!!!... and if I get the “improved” ECU I’m looking to purchase and it improves my top speed, I’ll post that too?????
All my post was supposed to “say” was that it’s fast and smooth and luxurious and just all around awesome and it’s an automobile that should be bought by more people!!??‍♂?????? Much respect!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, just needs some hood vents. My hood gets kinda shaky at high speeds. Did you notice the same?
I have noticed that my hood has a bit of a ‘shake’ at normal highway speeds (60mph-80mph)?! When I hit its top speed of 150mph, sorry I can’t respond, I wasn’t paying attention to that!! Another thing, something I haven’t heard/seen talked about on this forum— the sunroof?! It is quite solid and sealed, I haven’t noticed any wind noise from it until I hit 120mph+ or so!!!?! After about 120, I do get a little noise from the sunroof?!?! Also, the windows have had no wind noise whatsoever at any speed which is really nice. And one more thing... the brakes are fantastic at all speeds! I have hit them quite hard at excessive speeds and have noticed little to no brake fade or feel!! All-in-all I have thoroughly enjoyed my Giulia completely!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fixed the hood shake...

View attachment 108832
Hey bro, can I ask exactly what you did?? All I see is a quote “I fixed the hood shake” and then I see a picture of a weather stripping piece that is half hanging off the front of the hood??? I get a little shake at even just highway speeds sometimes.... ???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey bro, can I ask exactly what you did?? All I see is a quote “I fixed the hood shake” and then I see a picture of a weather stripping piece that is half hanging off the front of the hood??? I get a little shake at even just highway speeds sometimes.... ???
I just went and checked my 2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 hood and it has a 3/4 weather stripping piece already on the front/bottom of the hood ?!?! J/W ??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its a weather strip on 2017 and 2018 cars. It can be added to 2019 and maybe early 2020 but i believe 2021 deletes the holes it clips into.

I picked it up here..

Thank you for the prompt reply... but I do have an early 2017 and I DO have the weather stripping piece, from the factory, on my Giulia. Geez..., if this is happening on mine, with the weatherstrip, I can only imagine what the hood did without it🤔😮

·
Registered
72 Posts
Perhaps the hood is slightly higher then the bumper causing a gap for the wind to get through?
Maybe hood isn’t flush with bumper?
The entire length of the hood/bumper fitting is excellent!! I’m not sure why or how the hood gets a little shake at ‘upper’ highway speeds and beyond?? I’ve noticed this problem since the first days/weeks I purchased it?! The slight shake is t terrible or anything, but it has been noticeable and when I saw a thread about someone else noticing this I thought I’d add my 2-cents??!!?? With that being said, I do like the 2 hood catches on either side of the hood!! (not just the one on the middle)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts