Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
-Check out my profile pic! PROOF!!-
I have a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 with 225/40 19” Pirelli all season runflat tires. My Alfa has every option, including the Performance Package, and I hit 150 mph until the cpu shut it down with about 500 rpm left until red line. Sooo, without any modifications my Giulia did 150mph and I estimate, if I could bypass the limiter and take it slightly into the red, the car would do close to 160 mph!!! I absolutely LOVE my Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4!!
so you hit about 146-147 mph since speedometer reads high.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I love the HATE my friend! We all expect nothing more (less) from the “internet”. I have a proof and still get no love. Keep the HATE alive brotha??!!
Lions don’t hate sheep my friend.

Hate would be wishing you a tire blew when you hit 150, ejected from the car landing in a swamp but the Alfa safely came to a stop without a scratch and they couldn’t find your body until the next ice age. It is widely known the Giulia speedometer reads higher than actual speed. Look up the many topics on it. So yes you hit 150mph on a speedo but it’s off by at least 2-3 mph.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
So all cars tend to have speedometers read slightly off that also changes with age of tire, so is the 2-3 mph difference on a brand new factory tire set or later in life?
I don’t think it significantly changes with the tire age. I know some have swapped tires and it’s improved. Some have swapped tires and it’s increased inaccuracies. So in the end the speedo is just off by 1-2mph or 2-3mph in some cases. Not uncommon in cars really but 3 mph would be considered pretty extreme now a days. In the 90s that was normal. Best way to get accurate time or speed would be aftermarket device like dragy or vbox. Although an easy free way to figure it out is using waze. Waze will report exactly what I just said. 1-2mph or 2-3mph off depending on certain factors.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Although I love the fact that my Giulia Ti can do 0-60 in the 5 second range (does that count as a 5 second car?), to me the best feature of this car is that it can turn. I know that sounds stupid but most muscle cars will go fast in a straight line and this car is not a dragster. But on a track or on a curve even doing 30 you can tell its not a Mustang or charger or something else common with lots of metal under the hood. Ther are plenty of videos with supercars being smoked by hatchbacks that have been modified to the max. What you don't see are those some cars taking anything close to a Giulia on a curve. I feel we forget that this car is purpose built for performance, not beating land speed records. Its the totality of what it can do that is impressive. The fact that your head gets planted into the headrest when you slam the gas peddle is just a plus:cool:
Personally I feel, not many cars with the same specs would fair well against a stock Giulia on a course.
I agree chargers are not nimble but a mustang is very capable on tracks. They are not slouches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts