Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Has your 2.0T Giulia had a stalling issue of any kind? Please read each answer fully.

• YES, and my car was made BEFORE April 18, 2017

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • NO, and my car was made BEFORE April 18, 2017

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • YES, and my car was made AFTER April 18, 2017

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • NO, and my car was made AFTER April 18, 2017

Votes: 9 21.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
I checked the "yes" box, but I'm not sure what is meant by "stalling issue." My car died in an intersection, mid-turn and then went into limp mode with the well documented "service electronic module" warning message.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the "yes" box, but I'm not sure what is meant by "stalling issue." My car died in an intersection, mid-turn and then went into limp mode with the well documented "service electronic module" warning message.
Yes, that sounds like a qualifying stalling issue.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, who is the owner who checked the 3rd box? Please tell your story of what happened.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
2/17 mfg date. hope not ginxing. no stalling.

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had one minor stall issue with Stop/Start error message while the car was idling in my drive. That's it though and my software has all since been updated. Jan 17 build. Other than infotainment related issues, which also have since been fixed via software updates, that's all I've run into. 1400 miles, leased end of June.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I'm one of the "AFTER."

My Q4 was made April 28, 2017 and has stalled several times as I leave the house in the mornings (garage ambient temperature in the high 70's degrees F or low 80's, outside ambient temperature in the 70's).

It has also stalled after having sat several hours at work, as I leave for lunch, ambient temperature in the 80's or 90's.

In all cases, it stalled as I slowed down, such as for a speed bump...and only when I make the mistake of not letting it "warm up" for a good 45 seconds before driving off. When it stalls, it switches itself to Neutral.

They did a flash update and, so far, it hasn't stalled, but now it struggles to start, after it has sat for several hours. It just turns over longer, sometimes quite a bit longer, before the engine runs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sharing your story, galret.

ATTENTION: If you check the 3rd box, please explain the stalling issue you have experienced.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Mine was built March '17 and I have had no issues at all. I also had the software updates done within two days of buying the car. I would be interested in knowing how many of the people who have had problems with the pre-April cars had those problems before or after receiving the latest RRT (IOW, required) updates.

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
271 Posts
2/17. All these flashes are vin specific doesn't mean anything regarding build. One may have a different flash than another built in the same month. Luckily, I called Alfa and by far very transparent with understanding the issues. Ever have a problem call alfa. In my case, 4 weeks for a flash update is ridiculous to say the least. Luckily the car hasn't left me stranded

·
Registered
114 Posts
In case anyone is curious about the date, April 18th 2017 was the date all new cars came with the updated engine coding from the factory.
i'm getting my updates today. The car has had some small annoyances that don't really impact it that much. I have, however, had the stalling issue if I don't give the car a minute to warm up a day after refueling. It happened twice within 100 yards of my garage. Hoping the updates fix that and don't cause anything else. The car has been great aside from this stuff which has been minor for me. 1700 incredibly fun miles on it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts