Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alfa Romeo’s Giulia Quadrifoglio made its first Canadian appearance at the 2016 Canadian international Auto Show. Presented by the head of Alfa Romeo North America, Reid Bigland, the Giulia QV was shown in both red and white. Canadians can expect the Giulia to arrive in early Q3. If it wasn’t for the 6 month delay, you could have been seeing them in showrooms much earlier. When questioned about the validity of Automotive News’ statement, where the cause of the delay was due to the Giulia’s failure in Euro NCAP crash test, Reid Bigland stated that it was just speculation and that they are still working on the Giulia. Probably a bit of fine tuning and once that is done, we can expect to see the Giulia go through the crash test and pass.

The Giulia QV is a new benchmark for Alfa Romeo, designed from the ground up to include the three primary things that made the Alfa Romeos of old great: state of the art technology, incredible performance, and that gorgeous Italian design and style. These three things found in the Giulia embodies the brand’s adage; la meccanica delle emozioni (the mechanics of emotion).

What you see is the product of a select group of engineers led by two senior managers from Ferrari, an emotional machine inside and out, running on a 505 horsepower bi-turbo V6 engine.

Its interior is all about the Italian style with genuine carbon fiber accents, formula 1 inspired steering wheel, and a hidden 8.8” wide infotainment screen which is an industry first.

You will be able to choose from a whole slew of design options other than black. The exterior paint alone comes with seven options. Following that is the interior leather color with stitching, caliper color and four wheel designs.

Unfortunately, he made no mention of the release date for the base model but it is supposed to be peerless in performance so the base trim should be a class leader like the QV.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Interior looks nice with the carbon fiber in there. Not sure if I believe the whole crash test thing either way. Ultimately something went wrong and they are fixing it. AS long as it gets fixed then I can't complain too much, but I do just have a curiosity about what exactly it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alfa's future in Canada

Some thoughts after seeing the Alfa Romeo presentation at the Toronto Auto Show. The Quadrifoglio is beautiful but they will be lucky to sell more than 100 in Canada. The 4C fully optioned they had there has a MSRP of 92K Cdn ( 66K US). That's why they sold only 122 last year. The Giulia will be priced to appeal to a very small group of potential buyers. The display and presentation as well as the branded personal accessories they had also demonstrates that FCA sees Alfa as an ultra premium brand. Alfa enthusiasts who hope to return to the days of the 60's - 90's when Alfa were affordable, stylish and fun to drive will be disappointed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I kinda wish the flat bottom steering wheel had more of a flat bottom going on than what it currently has here. Maybe in future years they'll get more aggressive with interior options.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that Alfa Romeo will at best be sold in some joint Maserati dealerships in Canada, but there just aren't enough people in Canada who are in the market for such a vehicle. The possible customer base is just really small and thats not even saying anything of the other brands competing for those sales.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Have you guys started thinking about what others colors for the interior and exterior you would like to see available for the giulia? Since this is just he beginning we have a long way to go for additions.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd be interested in brown or black leather, and other than that I am just interested in different color stitching to choose from.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Interesting.

My needs are more complex. I want to see them come out with interior scheme's more along the line with what you see come from BMW with special stitching and all. It would go perfectly with a vehicle like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts