Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
Ordered yesterday, or day before I don't remember, but they're out of stock. NOOOOOO!!!!!

lol, end of month I guess.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
@ttaidapos

All good in the end. Valve installed without taking apart the pipe. The bottom screw was a bitch. And, whoever invented those tiny plastic connectors should be whipped
I had to use a wobble ratchet extension on the bottom screw. Be really careful to avoid cross threading the screws in your very expensive plastic manifold.
I broke the [email protected]#$ing electrical connector (the cover on the back side is now gone) but was able to patch it back together.

Once you know the right incantation these electrical connectors are pretty nice (secure, water proof, not too hard to take apart and reassemble). The problem is that each connector seems to require a different incantation and none of that is written down anywhere.

OK, I guess I never managed to get my left ebrake motor connector loose, even though I had no trouble with the right ebrake motor connector (when changing brake pads it is recommended to take these loose in order to avoid having the caliper hang from the wires). In this case the incantation is move the locking slide, then reach in with some tool and flip a tab (which way?) that holds the connector in place. The connector should pop off easily while the tab is being held in the right position.

·
Registered
611 Posts
@ttaidapos

Is this broken enough? Lol

All good in the end. Valve installed without taking apart the pipe. The bottom screw was a bitch. And, whoever invented those tiny plastic connectors should be whipped

This post is epic! Welcome to the club! And yes, those connections are a nightmare. I broke a similar one installing my EC intake. FFS I couldn't figure it out. Broke something but nothing good old electrical tape couldn't fix. Great ending! I'm totally dreading the SQV DV+ install, it's seemingly way harder than a Giulia QV. I'm already sweating writing this post.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Back in stock for Giulia/Stelvio 2.0L & Giulia/Stelvio 2.9L

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed easy with the requisite destruction of the original plastic diaphragm. Runs strong and smooth. Sounds nice at high revs....
Can't wait to see performance on track. I had one of these on my Audi S3 and was a no brainer cheap performance upgrade.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Installed easy with the requisite destruction of the original plastic diaphragm. Runs strong and smooth. Sounds nice at high revs....
Can't wait to see performance on track. I had one of these on my Audi S3 and was a no brainer cheap performance upgrade.
If you don't have evidence of said requisite we can't accept your application into the club ;)

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
I think I messed up and put the OEM spring in, the smaller one that goes on the post. Which is thicker, the OEM or DV+?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think I messed up and put the OEM spring in, the smaller one that goes on the post. Which is thicker, the OEM or DV+?
DV+ is thicker.
I don't remember which one goes where... but I did use both. I followed the instructions that came with the valve box and those on EC website as well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I completely shattered both valves AND sheared the heads off of multiple screws when attempting to reinstall the new modified valve. Nice quality screws GFB included ? Picture will follow so I can join the club.

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
I completely shattered both valves AND sheared the heads off of multiple screws when attempting to reinstall the new modified valve. Nice quality screws GFB included ? Picture will follow so I can join the club.
Not sure how you could shear the heads off, the screws thread into plastic.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not sure how you could shear the heads off, the screws thread into plastic.
Not on the QV. Are they plastic on the q4? Now I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong hardware...

My screw extractor set has failed thus far, I have no idea where to go from here.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Not on the QV. Are they plastic on the q4? Now I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong hardware...
My screw extractor set has failed thus far, I have no idea where to go from here.
Those torx screws can get damaged easily, especially if you are not using the right head or you are not perfectly perpendicular with the screwdriver. I stripped one since it was very hard to reach, but luckily it did go all the way in.
In your situation you might need a trip to the mechanic..

·
Registered
551 Posts
Those torx screws can get damaged easily, especially if you are not using the right head or you are not perfectly perpendicular with the screwdriver. I stripped one since it was very hard to reach, but luckily it did go all the way in.
In your situation you might need a trip to the mechanic..
The heads just twisted right off of them as I was tightening them. I was able to get one out with some vice grips after 3 hours. Now I have 2 screws holding each valve in, and the last remaining hole on each one has a broken screw in it. Hopefully 2 screws is enough...

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts

Ahhh, yeah, 2.0 is plastic. Heating up the metal will expand the hole a bit, fyi.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts