Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past couple of months, I knew I needed to get my brakes done. I picked up some OEM front pads from Madness and but by the time I went to pick up rears, they were out. I was able to find OEM rear pads from Eurocompulsion...I bought R1 Concepts rear rotors from Amazon, but they were out of fronts...Madness had the rears...

I just got back from dropping the Giulia off at International Sport Motors for the 50k service and to have the breaks done. They asked me where I got the brake pads because none of their distributers had them and they were on back order. So of course I told her...

Seems like a brake shortage going on...

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
I can attest to this. Just had my rears done and wanted to get ebc yellow on the front but they were out of yellow and blue everywhere; so ended up with OEM rears

·
Registered
2020 Q4 Ti Sport
30 Posts
Can +1 to the global supply chain shortages also causing problems obtaining parts (in general for everything). I was at Madness Autoworks' place in Austin in late April, and part of me thinks if not for meeting those dudes in person and putting in an order, I wouldn't have been able to do a full change-up for my Brake Pads+Rotors last Friday.

When I was there, the dudes also mentioned that all of the brake stuff was in high demand, and basically sold out (they even found some OEM rotors that weren't listed yet, but probably sold out super quickly). Everything was in super short supply and they mentioned selling out of parts. Thankfully, I was able to secure the EBC Yellowstuff IRL with Ben's help at Madness, bring that back, and then get an order in for the Tarox Rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts