Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Quad with about 18,000 miles on. Did an oil change a month ago and have put 150 miles or so on since the oil change. Yesterday got a message that my oil level had exceeded the max limit. Checked the oil and sure enough it was little over 1/2 quart overfilled. Went underneath to drain a little out and the smell of fuel was very obvious in the oil. So I went ahead and did another oil change to get the gas out. I would assume a stuck injector but the question is was this a one time occurrence or is this an ongoing issue. I guess driving it around and checking oil level to see if is rises is the only way to tell. No check engine light or anything. Any one else experience this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd say your biggest concern is that the fuel will have thinned the oil potentially leading to premature wear as the oil won't be lubricating properly. I wouldn't continue to drive it around, if the fuel is still getting into the oil system, then again you run the risk of causing more damage.

Not sure what the most likely cause would be. Does this engine have a fuel cooled oil cooler?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I own a Valvoline Oil Change franchise so I am partial to their oil as I get it at a great price! Valvoline 5w40 euro synthetic which meets the required fiat spec numbers. Yes I did change filter too.

·
Vendor
1,049 Posts
I have a 2018 Quad with about 18,000 miles on. Did an oil change a month ago and have put 150 miles or so on since the oil change. Yesterday got a message that my oil level had exceeded the max limit. Checked the oil and sure enough it was little over 1/2 quart overfilled. Went underneath to drain a little out and the smell of fuel was very obvious in the oil. So I went ahead and did another oil change to get the gas out. I would assume a stuck injector but the question is was this a one time occurrence or is this an ongoing issue. I guess driving it around and checking oil level to see if is rises is the only way to tell. No check engine light or anything. Any one else experience this?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts