Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to program this?

After 45 minutes of searching thru the owners manual, I'm at a loss.

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Search for "Homelink" in the owners manual.

I have not yet successfully programmed my garage door because the remote only puts out a burst signal instead of a continuous signal, so I will probably have to buy a new remote.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Homelink isn't in the manual index at least that I could find

·
Registered
134 Posts
Even though a new car should come from the factory with no opener codes, you should clear all previous codes (reset) by pushing the 1st and 3rd buttons until the red light flashes (just like the video above shows). This could take 5-10 seconds or it could take up to 30... Then follow the directions for resetting each button to your new code. Any time that I've had issues with programming the buttons, doing a reset usually does the trick.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ask your salesperson to email you owner support plus it's in there. It is not in the owners manual. The best thing to do is go to home link.com. It gives directions specific to the car and garage door opener manufacture and model. I programmed a customers on the first attempt using the site. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know how to program this?

After 45 minutes of searching thru the owners manual, I'm at a loss.

Thanks

Hey, so I pretty much did what I usually did with my other cars that have the garage door opener. I just hold the button on the Giulia and aim my garage door opener remote onto it and press the button. I believe there was a couple fast flashes once the setup was complete. Once you see the flashing of the light, then give it a try with the garage door. It should be very simple.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey, so I pretty much did what I usually did with my other cars that have the garage door opener. I just hold the button on the Giulia and aim my garage door opener remote onto it and press the button. I believe there was a couple fast flashes once the setup was complete. Once you see the flashing of the light, then give it a try with the garage door. It should be very simple.
The second step where the rolling code is captured is the tricky part. Not all devices use this.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, I did find it in the pdf I had downloaded, now I'm searching for my remote!

There are also several buttons up near the interior light switches I also couldn't find in the printed owners manual but found them in the pdf I downloaded from the Alfa USA website.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I watched the video and I read the instructions in the owner's manual, but I cannot make it work. I have an older Genie opener that operates at 390 Mhz with 9 dip switches.

At the end-point where the indicator is supposed to start flashing rapidly, instead the indicator stops flashing slowly and just lights up solid without flashing. From video I noticed that you are supposed to push the start run button without starting the car to begin the process, which I did, but it still refuses to learn the code. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still trying to get my Homelink programmed.

On a positive note I did find 1 of my remotes!

I have a call in the my garage door guy, hopefully he can shed a little light on the situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you try to contact any local repair company? If not then I will definitely recommend you to contact with Arizona Garage Doors company as they provide 24/7 affordable and reliable services.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I watched the video and I read the instructions in the owner's manual, but I cannot make it work. I have an older Genie opener that operates at 390 Mhz with 9 dip switches.

At the end-point where the indicator is supposed to start flashing rapidly, instead the indicator stops flashing slowly and just lights up solid without flashing. From video I noticed that you are supposed to push the start run button without starting the car to begin the process, which I did, but it still refuses to learn the code. This is very frustrating.
Worked fine with my 30 year old Stanley opener, so old technology isn’t an issue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts