Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a teenager I had a passion for Italian cars, but being of limited means, my options were limited. The first car I ever bought was a Fiat X-19. It literally blew up and almost killed me. Luckily my dad paid for comprehensive insurance, and with the insurance check I bought a used 1978 Fiat 124 1800 Spider. I loved it, but it almost bankrupted me. After this, I grew disillusioned towards Italian cars, and I spent a boring decade driving Oldsmobiles. However, the passion never left my DNA. After graduating law school, I splurged on a used Chrysler TC blessed with an extended service contract. It was not the normal disguised LaBaron TC, but the rather rare TC version with the Chrysler-based 2.2 liter engine fitted with a double overhead cam 16 valve Maserati head fabricated by Cosworth in England — the real “Maserati” engine. I love, love, loved that car, but it couldn’t stop leaking oil, and I ended up forcing Chrysler to buy it back under a lemon law. The law school education paid off. With the lemon law check in hand, I bought a used Cadillac Allante. It was a 1990 version, and the guy I bought it from had a 1993 version in his driveway. He liked it so much, he bought another. That's a good sign to a used car buyer, but that car was also blessed with a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It was a great car for a long time, and the Cadillac service was addictive. After a short excursion in a Lincoln LS and an even shorter effort to like the ill-fated Ford Thunderbird reboot, I returned to Cadillac and owned two first generation Cadillac CTS-V’s. Children showed up, and I drove a second generation CTS, and an SRX (did I mention children). Anyway, the kids are teenagers now, and I am in the last few months of my 2015 ATS 3.6 lease. I drove a Giulia, and I am sold. It will be my next car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's great! What model do you want to purchase? I also want to buy one as well. I want a Giulia Ti with sport package in Montecarlo blue and hopefully yellow calipers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That was a great history of cars you've been through, thanks a lot for the write up! Have you figured out color scheme and all of the bits and pieces you'd want with your new Giulia??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I haven't given it much thought....

GIULIA Ti AWD
Vulcano (Volcano) Black Metallic Exterior Paint
Black / Tan Interior Colors
Ti 19-inch Sport Package
Leather Package
Driver Assistance Static Package
Gloss Red Calipers with White Script
Dual-Pane Sunroof
8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio with NAV
Forward Collision Warning

·
Registered
189 Posts
As a teenager I had a passion for Italian cars, but being of limited means, my options were limited. The first car I ever bought was a Fiat X-19. It literally blew up and almost killed me. Luckily my dad paid for comprehensive insurance, and with the insurance check I bought a used 1978 Fiat 124 1800 Spider. I loved it, but it almost bankrupted me. After this, I grew disillusioned towards Italian cars, and I spent a boring decade driving Oldsmobiles. However, the passion never left my DNA. After graduating law school, I splurged on a used Chrysler TC blessed with an extended service contract. It was not the normal disguised LaBaron TC, but the rather rare TC version with the Chrysler-based 2.2 liter engine fitted with a double overhead cam 16 valve Maserati head fabricated by Cosworth in England — the real “Maserati” engine. I love, love, loved that car, but it couldn’t stop leaking oil, and I ended up forcing Chrysler to buy it back under a lemon law. The law school education paid off. With the lemon law check in hand, I bought a used Cadillac Allante. It was a 1990 version, and the guy I bought it from had a 1993 version in his driveway. He liked it so much, he bought another. That's a good sign to a used car buyer, but that car was also blessed with a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It was a great car for a long time, and the Cadillac service was addictive. After a short excursion in a Lincoln LS and an even shorter effort to like the ill-fated Ford Thunderbird reboot, I returned to Cadillac and owned two first generation Cadillac CTS-V’s. Children showed up, and I drove a second generation CTS, and an SRX (did I mention children). Anyway, the kids are teenagers now, and I am in the last few months of my 2015 ATS 3.6 lease. I drove a Giulia, and I am sold. It will be my next car.

Cool history - i have owned many many italian cars in my past, finally getting back to one again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have never owned an Italian car until tomorrow.... Here is my car history..
1. My grandmother's 1968 Olds Cutlass
2. My grandfather's 1983 Ford Crown Vic
3. 1971 BMW 2002 (my college graduation gift to myself)
4. 1988 Hyundai Excel (the BMW was in the shop way to often)
5. 1989 Ford Probe GT (very fun car. TONS of torque steer)
6. 1993 Audi 90 (cars 3-6 were manual transmission.. this was my last one)
7. 1994 Toyota Camry (got married, had to give up the Audi. This was the most boring car ever)
8. 2001 BMW 530i (Loved this car)
9. 2010 Volvo XC60
10. 2012 Acura TL
12. 2014 Audi S4
13. 2015 Audi S4 (had to make a color change, LOL)
14. 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti (as of tomorrow!!)
15. Also in the family currently... 2014 Dodge Durango, and 2008 BMW 328xi

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats! Good to hear another So Cal Member picking up a Giulia. It is a fun car and attractive car.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

I've got a Ti on order. Perhaps we'll see each other on the road soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts