Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. Just got my Giulia last weekend. LOVING IT! I've owned fun, great handling cars for most of my life. Does anyone know of any really fun roads to drive in Florida? Preferable not too many hours from the Tampa Bay area? :) I've done the Tail of the Dragon several times with past cars, but it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to get up there with the Giulia anytime soon.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Maybe post up coordinates from Google Maps or something.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Going to go drive the Ozello trail soon. Heard that's supposed to be decent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also looking for fun roads in Florida !! I am in the Hollywood Aventura area
OP here. There's one called the Ozello trail that I'm checking out tomorrow. It's up by Crystal River. There's also one called the Tail of the Gecko. I've plotted out the routes on Google maps and saved them. If you ever want them, let me know and I can send it to you. I'll report back tomorrow after I've driven the Ozello Trail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I went and ran the Ozello Trail yesterday. Definitely worth the almost 2 hour drive to get there for me. It certainly doesn't compare to the Tail of the Dragon if you ever driven that, but it was very fun. It's located up near Crystal River. I managed to pull a 0.83 on the G Meter running on the all season tires. Definitely an adrenaline rush. Will be going again in the coming months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’m in south Florida and even before getting my Giulia I had this problem trying to find places to go on rides with my sport bike. Since Florida has no mountains there is really no “twistys” so I go with a group to tail of the dragon every spring. I would love to take the Giulia and my bike out west for some canyon carving one day. As far as local roads we have not been blessed with much to tide us over. Kinda makes it funny considering how many super cars and sport bikes are on our local roads it’s true we can’t use them to their full potential, but enjoy them nonetheless.
In palm beach county one option is A1A it’s a 2 lane that runs along the Atlantic with gorgeous views perfect pavement and some nice twists and turns! The draw back is that it’s 35mph and heavily patrolled. Also it’s normally plugged up by tourists stopping to fake selfies. Still at night I have had some fun getting my lean on.
Another option for me anyway is some of the scenic bypasses around Lake Okeechobee also two lane roads but mostly empty however the pavement there is not quite so perfect. Then there is snake road through the glades just be carful of gators crossing

Stop at a place called crackers in Clewiston if you like catfish

·
Registered
92 Posts
OP here. There's one called the Ozello trail that I'm checking out tomorrow. It's up by Crystal River. There's also one called the Tail of the Gecko. I've plotted out the routes on Google maps and saved them. If you ever want them, let me know and I can send it to you. I'll report back tomorrow after I've driven the Ozello Trail.
If it’s not too much trouble can you send me the maps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it’s not too much trouble can you send me the maps
I just sent you a PM with the Ozello Trail route. If you click the link, it will bring it up in Google maps. If you enter your address as a "stop" and then make that the starting point, it will navigate you right to the start of the route. If you have any questions, let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts