Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I haven't seen on yet but I was wondering about swapping one out or making one from the badges available. Could someone measure the grill logo and center caps to see how they compare.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There doesnt seem to be one for giulia yet available, giulia's logo is around 57mm, older Alfas had 40mm

There are some chinese floating around alibaba with photohopped Giulia wheel pics with new color logo but they are all 40 mm, way too small....plenty of wheel center caps available at 60mm so its just a question of time before properly sized steering wheel logo shows up

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There doesnt seem to be one for giulia yet available, giulia's logo is around 57mm, older Alfas had 40mm

There are some chinese floating around alibaba with photohopped Giulia wheel pics with new color logo but they are all 40 mm, way too small....plenty of wheel center caps available at 60mm so its just a question of time before properly sized steering wheel logo shows up
Hmm, 3mm too big from the wheel caps. Just enough to notice. But I wonder if it would still fit inside the shoulder of the airbag recess. Machine one down from a wheel cap and 3M tape it on? Reversible.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Hmm, 3mm too big from the wheel caps. Just enough to notice. But I wonder if it would still fit inside the shoulder of the airbag recess. Machine one down from a wheel cap and 3M tape it on? Reversible.
Interestingly enough I just today noticed that center hub actually has an emblem on it that is slightly smaller than the 60mm cap....have not measure it but it looks like it would be 57mm or very close...,now how to get it off of the cap without damaging the emblem.....

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bet it wouldnt...bag does not deploy from the center emblem but probably rather tears off good portion of the wheel's center area and moves the whole thing to the side or down, most cars have bags configured to operate that way....beside that existing emblem is aluminum if I am not mistaken.
Yeah but the original emblem is probably well attached to the center cover with long clips etc. If I just glue something to the top it might not withstand the airbag deployment and fly off while the cover is folded upwards.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good points. Something mounted with 3M tape is not coming off during deployment. The bag/cover is much weaker in material. Inertia plus adhesive plus mass will keep it all together. Unless of course the cap is designed to separate in a controlled fashion.

When you say Hub, do you mean the road wheel center hub, or wheel center cap? That was my idea above. The colored caps on the Ti's and 4c's are beautiful. I am ordering a set for my Quad wheels. But you know, I noticed that some of the historic Giulias have black and silver steering wheel centers, AND road wheel center caps, just like the new Quad. I guess in some way you can call it cleaner and less distracting but one of the great things about Alfa Romeo for me has always been it's heraldic crest design. The colors are great and very sporty. If you are going for the bad boy racer look (brake dust cleaning protest) with dark wheels, and murdered out, the black and silver makes more sense. But Alfas logo is rich and colorful. I want to see it everywhere.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I bet it wouldnt...bag does not deploy from the center emblem but probably rather tears off good portion of the wheel's center area and moves the whole thing to the side or down, most cars have bags configured to operate that way....beside that existing emblem is aluminum if I am not mistaken.
Yeah but the original emblem is probably well attached to the center cover with long clips etc. If I just glue something to the top it might not withstand the airbag deployment and fly off while the cover is folded upwards.
I bet you original is also just attached with some adhesive on it, there is no room for any clips below cap and above airbag....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
John, I meant road wheel center hub cap, if you look on attached pic you will see that there is emblem attached to it, approximatelly couple mm narrower than the hub cover

And yes, black is supposed to be a return to the racing heritage of early Alfas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.