Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a road trip in my QV which has 9000kms on clock, when the fuel gauge stopped working, as did the distance remaining read out. I filled up twice and then suddenly the gauge and read out reappeared. It's been normal for 800kms. Anyone had this happen?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
not heard that one. I'd keep an eye and if it does it again take it in. Sounds like i'd be a faulty sensor.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was on a road trip in my QV which has 9000kms on clock, when the fuel gauge stopped working, as did the distance remaining read out. I filled up twice and then suddenly the gauge and read out reappeared. It's been normal for 800kms. Anyone had this happen?

Hi, not entirely the same but my gauge stayed on 1/4 tank after I refueled and never moved after that. Had to take it in for service. Turns out the issue/fix was covered by a TSB. If the ignition is on when refueling, the gauge will display incorrect fuel level. Resetting the Body Control Module fixed the issue but I don't think fixed the actual source of the problem. So...no listening to the radio for me while refueling - unless I want to take another trip back to service. Apparently that's how 'I created' the problem in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts