Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in NJ, we use a front plate, the dealer advised me not to drill I wouldn't anyway, are there any other option's

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm in NJ, we use a front plate, the dealer advised me not to drill I wouldn't anyway, are there any other option's
Welcome to the forum :)
Congrats on the new Giulia :grin2:

How long have you had you Alfa?
What are it's spec?
How do you like it so far?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there. I purchased a kit on Amazon that works great:
The dealer was also amazed by the quality, would definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you buy a new Giulia right now or anytime soon, they already come with a front plate mount. It is basic, but does the job. Just screws in to the hole where you remove the cap on the drivers side (below headlight) ... that or go buy the tow hook mount for the passenger side (same concept, remove cap) -- very easy

Mine came last Monday, came with a front plate mount from AR. Have seen them in the trunks of new ones (on the lot) for a couple months now.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I would caution you to be careful about whatever solution you use for your front license plate. My AWD Ti had a dealer-provided plate holder mounted in the hole on the driver's side (and using a few screws drilled into the plastic of the bumper to stabilize it. I don't see the big deal of these holes since they will remain hidden behind the front plate holder.) Before I even had the car home from the dealership, it began beeping incessantly. I eventually figured out it was the Parksense system that was being triggered by the license plate frame which had a relatively minor lip overhanging the bumper above the sensor.
When I called the dealership, they indicated that this had become a recurring problem, and a service bulletin had been issued. New, slightly smaller license plate frames were eventually issued and remounted a bit higher on the bumper. This eliminated the overhang, and resolved my issue.
The dealership sent the tech to my house to do the change out so that I did not have to go back.
It's the only minor issue I've had with my Giulia, which is an absolute blast to drive. And people on the roads definitely notice it.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Don't put on the front plate...drilling issue solved!...I didn't...IF/WHEN I get stopped and actually ticketed...I will pay the fine...How could you ruin such a lovely face :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would caution you to be careful about whatever solution you use for your front license plate. My AWD Ti had a dealer-provided plate holder mounted in the hole on the driver's side (and using a few screws drilled into the plastic of the bumper to stabilize it. I don't see the big deal of these holes since they will remain hidden behind the front plate holder.) Before I even had the car home from the dealership, it began beeping incessantly. I eventually figured out it was the Parksense system that was being triggered by the license plate frame which had a relatively minor lip overhanging the bumper above the sensor.
When I called the dealership, they indicated that this had become a recurring problem, and a service bulletin had been issued. New, slightly smaller license plate frames were eventually issued and remounted a bit higher on the bumper. This eliminated the overhang, and resolved my issue.
The dealership sent the tech to my house to do the change out so that I did not have to go back.
It's the only minor issue I've had with my Giulia, which is an absolute blast to drive. And people on the roads definitely notice it.
When was the first mount installed, and the second mount issued out? I wonder if I have the old one or not

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
License plate mounts

When was the first mount installed, and the second mount issued out? I wonder if I have the old one or not
I had the first mount installed when I took delivery back at the end of May. I'm guessing they came out to do the re-install the first or second week in June. You would DEFINITELY know if you had the oversized mount. The beeeeeeeeeeeping would be driving you crazy.
Have not had an issue with it since then, and I was very pleased with the dealer's offer to send a tech to my house to do the fix. The dealership is a 45 minute drive from my house, so this was quite and accommodation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts