Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
With cashless tolls in the metro NYC area, I'd be worried that a couple of trips over the bridges would result in a nice fine coming in the mail with a photo of the front end and no license plate. With the tremendous deficit that MTA and New York State is running, they'll be looking for the added revenue.
Didn't happen to me.

Not that I'm from that state, but, PA state cars dare to drive into NJ/NY all the time without license plates in the front (legitimately) without issues.

Reactions: johnalfa

·
Registered
191 Posts
With cashless tolls in the metro NYC area, I'd be worried that a couple of trips over the bridges would result in a nice fine coming in the mail with a photo of the front end and no license plate. With the tremendous deficit that MTA and New York State is running, they'll be looking for the added revenue.
Hasn’t happened to me either. But I have the EZ Pass, so I assume they aren’t relying on pictures of my license plate to determine who to Bill the toll to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hasn’t happened to me either. But I have the EZ Pass, so I assume they aren’t relying on pictures of my license plate to determine who to Bill the toll to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no factual basis to support my fear other than my general mistrust of our state government.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Drove my QV for over 2 years in CA and CO without a front plate (required in both states) and only once did I get a ticket for that, and that ticket was from a meter maid.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
396 Posts
Drove my QV for over 2 years in CA and CO without a front plate (required in both states) and only once did I get a ticket for that, and that ticket was from a meter maid.
In the SF Bay Area I have received 2 fix-it tickets for a missing front plate, cost $10 each to "fix", in the last 15 years. As with you, both of my tickets were received when the car was parked. San Francisco is notorious for this.

I don't run a front plate on any of my cars. The dealer installed the front plate on my wife's Stelvio, drilled holes in the bumper to do so. Oh, well, it's a lease. It's worth $10 every 7.5 years to not deface my cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve had an “ E “ Type Jag for more years than I care to recall. It’s never had a front number plate on it since I bought it and I’ve never been stopped by the police. On that basis I took the front plate off my Q.F. just as soon as the dealer delivered it to me over two years ago....so far so good.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
181 Posts
So, 2 people said they were filing for exemptions 3 years ago and said they would let us know... I think we have waited long enough. What was the result?

·
Registered
594 Posts
hey, the exemption was really easy. I pay as I go and get to mount my license plate in the trunk. Maybe that's just Colorado!

$35 per "violation", they say. I could never mess up such a pretty face.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts