Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cars front driver and passenger floor boards are pretty wet. Any idea what could be causing this?
I run the heat all the time and no rain here I. Chicago. Just snow.
17giulia with 62k miles
I’m assuming it’s something to do with the ac/heating drain?
That’s the only reasonable thought I could come up with.
Auto Fanatic on YouTube posted a QV with a similar issue.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Auto Fanatic on YouTube posted a QV with a similar issue.
It’s already been posted twice in this thread. OP does not think that’s the cause of his issue.

Reactions: Rebuild299

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well unfortunately here in Chicago it’s cold! I haven’t used the ac in mo
Just for reference, my QV was one that had an issues with the condensate line that was pinched off. My water issue was only on the passenger side. It would drop down to the floor right next to the center tunnel.

If you have been running the defrost or have the AC in auto it will run the compressor to help with the inside humidity. Most cars have this function but I know the guilia has a particular time with the humidity durning the summer. In fact a bit of sidebar...

My QV is also the one that had the full roof replaced after a freak strike that cracked it (4 leaf clover doesn't work well on my car...lol). But I had an issue over the summer with the AC freezing up. Turns out the humidity sensor was missing from the car. It's mounted near the roof and just got missed when the car was fixed the year before. So these cars really are sensitive to humidity and running the AC.

One thing to check if it's a condensate line issue is if it happens again, as soon as you notice check the cabin air filter. Mine was basically underwater and soaked which helped them figure out it wasn't draining. If that is the issue it is a pain to fix as most of the dash has to come out to gain access and modify somethings. There is a known fix out there for cars that have this issue.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
309 Posts
Check your cabin air filter. An incorrectly installed cabin air filter can push up against the evaporator and wick water out of the cover that accesses the cabin air filter. I've seen this two or three times already. If you pull the lower cover by the passenger foot-well and run the a/c on fresh for a while you may see drips form on the bottom of the cabin air filter access door.

Also, if it is truly coming from the passenger A-pillar area, have you ever had your windshield replaced?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts