Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am the proud owner of the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI with only 2700 miles. I baby this car and its my pride and joy. Went to church on Sunday and a cement parking curb scratched the bottom of my front fender. Is there any strip/rubbing strip that is available to attach on there. I have purchased touch up paint but is pretty bad,,, in my eyes. Please help

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

Yeh I agree with posting the pic. We have a QV and there is a bit of fender that corners the front splitter. Yep and she got curbed a bit right outta da box. Learning curve. So one piece of good advise was watch out and if you don't see it without getting under the car then forget it. One of our regular posters got some Carbon Fiber strips that I am order to put over the most prone areas. He did a really neat job on his. That includes cutting the area for the fender that is painted that wraps around the bottom and is prone to impact but it is still not visible unless you look underneath

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hello

I am the proud owner of the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI with only 2700 miles. I baby this car and its my pride and joy. Went to church on Sunday and a cement parking curb scratched the bottom of my front fender. Is there any strip/rubbing strip that is available to attach on there. I have purchased touch up paint but is pretty bad,,, in my eyes. Please help
I see that this is your first post here at the Giulia Forum.
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats on the new Giulia :grin2:
Bummer about the curb rash though :crying:

This type of fix depends on the damage. A picture might help.

- There are different grits of sandpaper that could be used to smooth it out first. Something fine like 300 grit (300 wet and dry) would be a start.
- Rubbing compound works on small scratches.

There is a clear coat (clear paint basically) sprayed on top of the color coat. The clear coat helps protect the color coat and gives it that glossy luster. If the damaged area is big enough, sanding the entire section, seam line to seam line could be more appropriate. Then color spray it and clear coat it.

Like I said earlier, a picture or two might help with the assessment and advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts