Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I actually just ordered a door plug from bumperplugs.com. It'll be here Thursday and I can give my thoughts and get a picture. It was about $22 shipped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I actually just ordered a door plug from bumperplugs.com. It'll be here Thursday and I can give my thoughts and get a picture. It was about $22 shipped.
I have the same - I think its enough.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bleh, not impressed, threw it in the trash. There was a small issue with the initial shipment and they quickly shipped me a replacement though, so I applaud their customer service.

They way it shows up, the blade part is too wide to fit into the Giulia keyhole. There are little wings on the sides of the blade that you have to remove to make it fit. I couldn't figure out a way to do it cleanly, so then there's this crude, hacked away plastic on the backside of it. You can't see that side, but when I put the plug into place, it didn't sit flush against the keyhole and it was off center. They don't completely cover the metal keyhole, there's a small rim still showing, so it was easy to see it was off-center. Then to top it off, the color didn't match very well. I ordered Vulcano Black, which is a not-quite-true black with multicolored metallic in it. The plug was a generic black black with silver metallic, easy to see the contrast between the two. So, took a step back, looked at it, fiddled some more, then trashed it.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Bleh, not impressed, threw it in the trash. There was a small issue with the initial shipment and they quickly shipped me a replacement though, so I applaud their customer service.

They way it shows up, the blade part is too wide to fit into the Giulia keyhole. There are little wings on the sides of the blade that you have to remove to make it fit. I couldn't figure out a way to do it cleanly, so then there's this crude, hacked away plastic on the backside of it. You can't see that side, but when I put the plug into place, it didn't sit flush against the keyhole and it was off center. They don't completely cover the metal keyhole, there's a small rim still showing, so it was easy to see it was off-center. Then to top it off, the color didn't match very well. I ordered Vulcano Black, which is a not-quite-true black with multicolored metallic in it. The plug was a generic black black with silver metallic, easy to see the contrast between the two. So, took a step back, looked at it, fiddled some more, then trashed it.
Exactly what you said. Mine were thrown into the garbage roughly 60sec. after seeing what I received. They don't cover the whole well and I definitely see an issue if you shove them into place to make them fit. It's almost impossible to remove them afterwards. The directions that came with them say for you to drill into your keyhole (pun not intended) which to me is simply outrages. Why can't the male portion of the cover just be a the shape of the car? So stupid.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Those are awful. Looking for the full keyhole delete that removes the locking mechanism and replaces it with a fully covered flush piece identical to the passenger door
That can be done by getting a RHD left handle trim piece. It is however not advisable, as you would then have no way of getting in the car if your battery went flat.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
+1. absolutely true. I had a flat battery once due to leaving a Bluetooth diagnostics adaptor on whole night and it killed the battery. Woke up in the morning and only way I could open the car was using the blade key. Don't lose the key slot!

Reactions: jwq2

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats a no go. I would rather keep the keyhole than use that.

BMW used to have a great replacement for the keyhole. Hopefully they come out with one for the Alfa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts