Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a Giulia Ti May 2017 build. I have had the "Frontal collision avoidance is off" amber warning light come on in the dash a couple of times in stop and go traffic. I checked the safety settings and frontal collision is enabled. The light goes off on its own. Anyone experience the same. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It might be an error, or power saver or something. Anything in the manual about traffic?

·
Registered
658 Posts
The only time it does that for me is driving in heavy rain / spray, I think the conditions just generate a lot of signal noise for the sensor and the car decides the signal is temporarily unreliable. The warning light goes out when conditions improve. That doesn't sound like what is happening to you though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be an error, or power saver or something. Anything in the manual about traffic?
Powersaver is what I thought about as well especially if it comes on in stop and go traffic. If that's what it is that's genius! Haven't checked the manual yet...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time it does that for me is driving in heavy rain / spray, I think the conditions just generate a lot of signal noise for the sensor and the car decides the signal is temporarily unreliable. The warning light goes out when conditions improve. That doesn't sound like what is happening to you though.
Bingo! It was raining non stop yesterday with stop and go traffic, and that's when it came on. I'll keep a look out to see if it happens in nicer weather in stop and go traffic, in which case it may be a power saver thing like John says. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts