Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share the brilliant work performed on my baby, by Caliber Customs in Madera, CA. (43104 Rd. 208, Madera, CA, 93636, ph (559)977-0398).
They did an excellent job creating increased airflow to my front brake assemblies. Their ideas on custom fabrication have created a beautiful and sound improvement.
For the front left, we were able to run ducting straight back (more or less) to the brakes.
For the front right, airflow is created by running it through front bumper reinforcement hollow beam, and steering that airflow to ducting, that then runs back to the rotor. See attached pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No noticeable drag at high speeds

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Girodisc

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MP Sport Cup 2 tires, Girodisc front rotors and Street Sport pads up front.
AR QV rear rotors with Tarox Corsa pads.
I keep playing with different brake pad compounds, but the Girodisc rotors are great. Will eventually put them on the rears too

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
367 Posts
That is fantastic! Why did they not use the beam to channel air to both sides?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front left side had the space to run tubing straight back, so that was... well... more straightforward. And they were able to maintain a very clean setup with it. The right side doesn't have that kind of space, so the beam technique was what they figured out. Both sides appear to be equally efficient with air flow.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Very cool. Great work. Would love to hear your feedback on track use.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Headed to Willow Springs in two weeks and will post update after.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts