Buick LaCrosse ($50,270)
Honda CR-V ($34,635)
Lexus LC 500 ($102,995)
Lincoln Continental ($72,870)
Maserati Levante ($90,000)
Mazda CX-9 ($45,855)
Mini Countryman ($38,450)
Subaru Impreza ($29,260)

Alfa Romeo returned to the U.S. market a few years ago with its limited-purpose 4C coupe and convertible 2-seater, but its new Giulia sport sedan delivers an interior sure to alter the dynamic of the highly competitive Lower Luxury car sector.
From the F1-inspired steering wheel and creamy leather seats to the matte-finish genuine walnut trim on the doors, instrument panel and stylishly arrayed center console, the Giulia does its Italian design heritage proud.
WardsAuto editors rave about the expertly applied metallic accents, outstanding build quality, artistic lines, the intuitive control screen that blends neatly into the instrument panel and the tidy white stitching that sweeps across the soft-touch black IP and upper door trim.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
They did a fantastic job with this car, it can be an everyday car or a weekend treat. It does both well.

I am kind of surprised to not see Volvo on that list. They have improved leaps and bounds!

·
Registered
56 Posts

I am kind of surprised to not see Volvo on that list. They have improved leaps and bounds!
I agree, Volvo is far better then most on that list. High quality material throughout, well executed design, and outstanding comfort and ergonomics, should be in the top three.

Maybe Volvo doesn't advertise with Wards... :surprise:

Paul

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a lot to be said about high quality materials used - but also a lot to be said about the design - including designing the screen into the dash vs. a flat screen popping out of the dash like many modern vehicles.
The Alfas may not have all the best materials or human interfaces (knobs/controls) but the basic design is outstanding IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts