Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clicked my iPhone on the USB to charge it, and suddenly Apple Carplay popped up. Turns out my car has both cellphone systems installed, but was not mentioned on the window sticker. So when you buy your 2018 Giulia, just plug in your phone during the test drive and see what happens.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Clicked my iPhone on the USB to charge it, and suddenly Apple Carplay popped up. Turns out my car has both cellphone systems installed, but was not mentioned on the window sticker. So when you buy your 2018 Giulia, just plug in your phone during the test drive and see what happens.
You have CarPlay on a 2017? I thought the only thing we knew for sure was 2017 models did not have it and never would???

What build date is your car?

What infotainment s/w level do you have?

Reactions: MorganB

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have CarPlay on a 2017? I thought the only thing we knew for sure was 2017 models did not have it and never would???

What build date is your car?

What infotainment s/w level do you have?
Argh, sorry man, I should have updated my signature with the new car. I have a 2018 that was built in October 2017.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Yeah, realized that was probably the case after my post.....oh well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Meanwhile, FCA and Alfa Romeo have their thumbs up their asses regarding Apple Car Play for all the other 2018 owners that bought their cars before they finished the software development and implementation of ACP at the factory.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Meanwhile, FCA and Alfa Romeo have their thumbs up their asses regarding Apple Car Play for all the other 2018 owners that bought their cars before they finished the software development and implementation of ACP at the factory.
Not to mention the 2017 buyers who took a chance on a totally new car. Feeling burned...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Guys, what are the numbers for 2017s wanting ACP vs 2018 sales? I'm afraid this issue might get lost in the numbers. If you can document a solid number of people who were promised ACP in 2017s then maybe you can get a retrofit, recall arranged. Otherwise it will go down to stats and "development." Try to get a good USB media set up in the meantime.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guys, what are the numbers for 2017s wanting ACP vs 2018 sales? I'm afraid this issue might get lost in the numbers. If you can document a solid number of people who were promised ACP in 2017s then maybe you can get a retrofit, recall arranged. Otherwise it will go down to stats and "development." Try to get a good USB media set up in the meantime.
Good luck with that. I dont believe ACP was ever advertised as being an option on the 2017 so there is absolutely no way Alfa is going to recall or retrofit a 2017. The hardware for ACP is different so it’s not just a simple software update. Car companies don’t give prior model year features that are part of the new model year.

People with 2018’s are certainly owed it if their stickers had it listed but even then, some stickers said ACP ready or pre-wired (I forget the exact language). My 2018 said that and it was active when I got my car. Ive seen updated stickers that also show it as installed and ready to go vs just being “Ready” for it.

Ready/Wired doesn’t imply you get it. It just implies it’s ready if you want it (and possibly need to pay for it). However, like I said, my car said it was ready/wired and it was active. It’s a June/July 2017 build date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts