Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
While better searching abilities are helpful, I think people are too lazy to search, and want direct answers to their questions like: "be honest, how reliable is an Alfa", which piggyback is the best, etc.

I really think better organized and advertised stickies will help with this a lot.

Perhaps having a requirement that a new user must have searched 10 times before being allowed to first post.

Easily bypassable I know, but maybe it will cause some new members to find their answers rather than ask for them.
What you also get are new people turned off of the forum when they post the, beat to death, question of 17 vs 18/19, or the best exhaust/tune question, and then are turned away when no one replies because the answer has already been given in multiple threads

·
Administrator
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
so far, yes. however, i have noticed that there results take a while with no indication it is doing anything at all. Leaving the user to think nothing is happening.
That, unfortunately is part of the development cycle, We can certainly work towards more transparency if you want, but there is a lot of fixes and features in development, and they all take their own unique course from first suggestion to final product. If you want to know more, we can provide information on any of them, but we also can't always share all aspects as it would be awful of me to share an idea and get you excited, only for it to end on the cutting room floor. Hopefully it is a little clearer that silence isn't always a lack of progress, but if we're too quite for your liking, let us know and we can share some progress.

-Gerrit

101 - 102 of 102 Posts