Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
No. It is when I first go to the forum. As soon as I open it I get that message. Once I click on the Home it opens and I can then navigate (It is only a minor agro just involving the extra step)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Since the new forum was revamped it opens with “Oops, we have a problem” and then I must go to home page to open up...It also seems to be harder to navigate than old format but perhaps this is just due to the newness factor...The forum has been a very useful and entertaining site, despite the inevitable trolls and negativity...A great resource...Thanks for all your work
Check your browser bookmark/favorite. I had the same problem until I realized the forum page URL has changed from https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/ to https://www.giuliaforums.com/forums/ (Note the extra "s" at the end.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
This current forum format is awful. Don’t like coming here any more. So many bad characteristics not found in other forums. I used to log it daily...now maybe monthly. Too bad...enjoyed it before. My 2c

·
Registered
117 Posts
Like the new forum. I had always accessed the forum via my phone app. Then one day, issues. It was frustrating to say the least. Not even sure how I got to the new forum. Took a bit to figure it out but it's become quite easier remembering where everything is. Nice remake. Give it a five

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well you were down last night for awhile...

Also you guys have some ad vendor or something that has script to redirect you to virus-scare web sites. Got to weed them out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well you were down last night for awhile...

Also you guys have some ad vendor or something that has script to redirect you to virus-scare web sites. Got to weed them out.
I came in here to post this exact thing--ad or something that's redirecting to this virus scare site.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I experienced the virus scare site as well while navigating the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not impressed compared with the automotive forums for my other cars. Technical questions seem to attract a lot of editorial comments that are not helpful. Bright ideas such as buying another car. On the whole, there are some helpful participants but the amount of whining and off topic and incompetent commentary makes this far less pleasant and useful than other forums that I follow.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Not impressed compared with the automotive forums for my other cars. Technical questions seem to attract a lot of editorial comments that are not helpful. Bright ideas such as buying another car. On the whole, there are some helpful participants but the amount of whining and off topic and incompetent commentary makes this far less pleasant and useful than other forums that I follow.
I hear what you're saying, and see it too, but I also think people get tired of common threads like "what's the difference between a 17 and an 18", or "what's the best tune/exhaust", when the answers are there if you search the forum, and their responses reflect that.

I think the solution is to have more organized stickies so that people can easily see the common threads, and not post the threads that cause the most reactions

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the solution is to have more organized stickies so that people can easily see the common threads, and not post the threads that cause the most reactions
This ^^^^

And a better search. More then once i have given up on the built in search and just googled for a thread i knew was on here somewhere.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is some great technical information and some good educational information. There is some good advise and there is a good experience sharing on trouble-shooting and problem-solving. Unfortunately and very sad, there is too much negativity, complaining and the amount of whining are sometimes unbelievable. I am OK with the new format and find it easy to navigate, publish and communicate. I would encourage to search for a topic before publishing a new post on that topic (there are dozens of repeats).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've enjoyed the forum so far. It's not near as active as Rennlist where I spend most of my time, but the volume of cars is so different that is to be expected (and part of the reason I got a Giulia in the first place). I like the format and have not had too much trouble searching for the topics I am interested in.

There are some negative, not helpful in any way, members that should be dealt with by the moderators, but it's not out of control. It's okay to be negative, everyone needs to vent from time to time, but if your sole purpose is to bash things (i.e. not ever help and not really accept help from others), there is no point in you being here. Actually, looking around this morning, I believe some of the non-helpful posters are being addressed. Thx

·
Administrator
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
This ^^^^

And a better search. More then once i have given up on the built in search and just googled for a thread i knew was on here somewhere.
This is an in-progress task for us and has seen some updates in the last few releases. Is it working better for you?

-Gerrit

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is an in-progress task for us and has seen some updates in the last few releases. Is it working better for you?

-Gerrit
so far, yes. however, i have noticed that there results take a while with no indication it is doing anything at all. Leaving the user to think nothing is happening.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

-Gerrit
While better searching abilities are helpful, I think people are too lazy to search, and want direct answers to their questions like: "be honest, how reliable is an Alfa", which piggyback is the best, etc.

I really think better organized and advertised stickies will help with this a lot.

Perhaps having a requirement that a new user must have searched 10 times before being allowed to first post.

Easily bypassable I know, but maybe it will cause some new members to find their answers rather than ask for them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the new site is quite good. @Avnyc11 has a good point: most of use are 'lazy' when it comes to searches and/or do not have patience to search using several keywords. It is easier to ask for an answer than to search for an answer. One of my engineering duties is to answer questions for software users. The answers to many of these questions are available if the User would just do a simple search.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I really think better organized and advertised stickies will help with this a lot.
This is a big thing. First thing I do on other forums is check the stickies, especially the howto's. In addition to making a suggestion I am willing to help the mods out with either organization or content. Just let me know how I can help and if it is within my ability I will.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
This is a big thing. First thing I do on other forums is check the stickies, especially the howto's. In addition to making a suggestion I am willing to help the mods out with either organization or content. Just let me know how I can help and if it is within my ability I will.
@JeFizz

81 - 100 of 102 Posts