Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want your voice to be heard! Please kindly share a review of our forum. We take pride in building the best communities so we need some feedback from you.

One thread per member

Use the Rate Thread on the top right to rate our forum (1 - 5 stars)

Thank you for being a part of our community!

·
Registered
574 Posts
My only request is to address repeatedly super-negative instigating posters. Unfortunately, one bad apple can spoil a constructive and collegial environment.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Yes especially from low post count users. Even though they may have some quasi-Alfa username.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Over all, it has been a fantastic resource for me. I picked up my Q4 Ti in May. Several of the threads were extremely helpful to me when I did experience a few minor glitches in the early months. They kept me from totally panicking when the "Service electronic throttle" error message hit.

I also received an incredibly helpful bit of info from our on-site Torino expert, @MacGeek.

Even though there is some of the negativity that always comes with a forum dedicated to allowing people to discuss their issues, I have seen almost NONE of the personal attacks, anonymous bashing and disrespect that is pretty much the norm for on line forums (with one exception that we all witnessed last week. )

Most importantly, it gives us a forum for sharing our enthusiasm for this car. My wife just doesn't want to hear it any more.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
I'll just add we are actively monitoring users and when they break the rules repeatedly they will be banned, first for a short period and if the behavior/rule breaking is repeated they'll be gone permanently. Whereas we want opposing points of view we want them to be constructive rather than insulting. Every report is looked at and we review individual users. We don't want to ban people if they upset others, this can happen by accident/on purpose, it's more so the pattern of behavior as the internet is obviously a place where users intention 'can' be misunderstood.

Thanks for being honest and noting here, I hope this gives some further context to the comments.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We need more stickies and an area for frequently asked questions (once created need to be maintained)

We see the same posts over and over. It's a real detractor especially when these 'new' posts that have well documented solutions.

There's a lot of cool content on here that's not getting enough air time. Example: Pretty much anything by Call Me AL.

Also not sure how much flexibility there is to changing the interface but that might also help funnel newer folks to stickies and such.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Some thoughts:

- editing post/threads timeframe should be removed. This helps for DIY posts and updating threads with pertinent info. I don't want to dig thru 15 pages of a thread to find updates because the original post can't be updated. It's unreasonable to expect moderators/admins to make these changes.

- Forums are about the discussion, good or bad. I've had a death threat by another member on this forum, as well as high praise and thanks from others. I go onto forums expecting opinions and meaningful thoughts on both sides of the equation.

- @MacGeek needs an AMA.

- Alfa owners are REALLY loyal to their brand. Far more so than any other brand that I've encountered.

- We need more DIYers.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
How about a longer recent discussions list? There seems to be plenty of room for it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
are "vendors"/new members supposed to be spamming us for products in our PM?
Yeah, it happened to me also. It sounded like one of those "You inherited $10,000,000" emails.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Me too, this thread kinda confirms that. What were we talking about again?

·
Registered
462 Posts
A+ Forum

I'm also very satisfied with the quality of this forum. I find it is informative, entertaining and often extremely helpful to an owner.

Much of my early agitation with software glitches and immature code was helped by the posts on this forum.

I must admit that I am puzzled by the number of people who don't own the Alfa Giulia nor have plans to get one who participate. I also acknowledge that you can't control the troll, but often find that entertaining to see how agitated forum participants can become over posts that are either infantile or just plain ridiculous. A great example was when one of our own posed as a troll and stirred up a hornets nest with a satirical post. that was a whole bunch of fun!

I'm also very pleased at how the vendors interact and the AlfaCares site supports the form. It's an enjoyable part of my day to logon and participate.

Bravo!

·
Registered
462 Posts
The most important part...

...oh yeah, I forgot the most important part. Quality forums rely on their members and the participation that they provide. Big props to the participants in this forum!! Their personalities show through their posts, they often supply critical and timely information to a nervous owner, and I really appreciate that.

Particular props to MacGeek, whoever he/she is. His/her input has been highly technical and very timely and I know many of us appreciate it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Forum has been an excellent source of information that would be very difficult to find otherwise:
1. Learned where to get Pennzoil 0W30 oil. Not easy in the USA
2. Learned that after an upgrade, the oil temperature gauge should move down one notch. It did.
3. Learned a lot about specifics of the car and trouble shooting some minor issues.

I share a comment above, that some participants get involved in the Forum only to make negative statements and try to damage the image of Alfa Romeo. I often wonder if these individual that only participate with negative comments are true Alfa owners, or advocates for a competitor. I participate in a Beretta Forum (Italian firearms maker, not the Chevy Beretta!), and often see the same, namely individuals who only intervene with negative opinions about Beretta products.
It would be nice to have a system so we could know if the participant in the Forum is a genuine member of the Alfa community, or is involved as an agent of the competition. I suspect this would be very difficult or impossible.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts