Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much everyone that has opened an account with this forum is a fan, new owner, prospective owner, new or future lessee. This forum is open to everyone. Everyone should be able to ask for help, express themselves or provide an opinion without any fanboyism backlash. The term TROLL is being loosely thrown here. Let me define it here for anyone. If you are a current owner, or current lessee and you are providing your input and criticism, you CANNOT be a troll. Forum members need to stop calling other owners and lessees trolls just because they are complaining or criticizing the car. Be a fan but not a fanatic. Now if you do not own or currently lease the Giulia then there is no base for your criticism and you should rightfully be called a troll.

We know the Giulia is a beautiful car, fun and exciting car. But it definitely needs improvement and I know it will get better with time. Criticism only improves a product over time and if AR is paying attention to the critics, the end result is an overall better product. Alfa Romeo will never be able to improve the Giulia based off fanboys. Alfa Romeo can only improve the Giulia based off dedicated fans who provide unbiased criticism.

Personally, I bought my Feb built Giulia in early April and i have had my share of issues. In the 5 months i've own my car, i have visited the dealer more than the last two cars combined spanning 7 years. I still have on going AC issues that's still not resolved and I will keep taking it to the dealer in hopes they find a solution. Currently, by definition, my car is a lemon. But i love my car. i don't want to lose hope it's ultimately fixed. But generally speaking, the Giulia has been on US roads for almost a year now. We can say with confidence that the car does indeed suffer from reliability issues. The reliability issues were the cause of AR's exit from the US market so if they have any hope of staying in the States, they better improve in all aspects. From the dealer experience, to the customer service experience, to the built quality of the car. As a current owner, I was going to buy the Stelvio for my wife but after what i have been going through with my Giulia, me purchasing a Stelvio is no longer in consideration. My money for an SUV will instead go somewhere else.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If one's only goal of coming on this forum is to stoke bitterness, misery, and negativity with every post, then he or she is a troll, Giulia owner or not. Present company not included.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If one's only goal of coming on this forum is to stoke bitterness, misery, and negativity with every post, then he or she is a troll, Giulia owner or not. Present company not included.
Hi Dr. Klopek,
I agree that pessimists (in general) can be annoying. They are like that in all aspects of life. Regarding this forum specifically you have to consider the fact that by purchasing or leasing the car, that pessimist has made the ultimate act of appreciation and support for the brand. So I still don't consider any current owner or lessee a troll.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
If everyone can keep to the rules, which are clearly written, it makes it easier to deal with those who break them. I've tried to let multiple conversations continue in the hope they'd turn into a productive discussion but sadly they're not. Going forward if rules are persistently broken those users will be under review. We really don't want to ban anyone other than spammers (honestly!)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Trolling is a type of fishing. It usually includes a link to a web site.

Non Alfa owners are welcome here. The non-owner usually has an interest in purchasing an Alfa Romeo, new or used. They have questions and seek answers. They don't always voice their questions.

I do agree that a lot of our banter is being wrongly called trolling or spamming. Most of the heated discussions are not really necessary, but some of that is just life and personality.

·
Banned
264 Posts
The primary issue is folks calling anyone who voice's a problem with the car, a troll... demanding they prove ownership...this quashing of people noting issues that the car has is unacceptable... there is no reason anyone had to post something good about the car before they post something bad...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dear ibehardknock....I hear what you're saying and agree with everything you've said except this statement....

"We can say with confidence that the car does indeed suffer from reliability issues."

....I believe you when you state that you've had challenges in your ownership....But it is the broad blanket generalization of the car that I cannot accept....I posted those BMW stories in another post because it seems that they can do no wrong and so in the interest of fair and balanced journalism, I point out the weaknesses of Goliath so that David can be given a fair shake....

I don't know that I could have been more open minded (and the same for Alfa908) than what was accomplished today....Peace and love....

·
Registered
256 Posts
The primary issue is folks calling anyone who voice's a problem with the car, a troll... demanding they prove ownership...this quashing of people noting issues that the car has is unacceptable... there is no reason anyone had to post something good about the car before they post something bad...
Basically the first time I ever posted here was when I had issues with my car... no one attacked me. In fact, I had a great and supportive response from several members.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Basically the first time I ever posted here was when I had issues with my car... no one attacked me. In fact, I had a great and supportive response from several members.
Perhaps because of the way you expressed yourself?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hmm....

For the record, I've been an active member of this Giulia forum since before I owned a Giulia. I suppose I need to point out that nobody owned a Giulia back then. The forum is not limited to Giulia owners, it's available for all people with an interest in the Giulia. Having an interest does not mean future possession will become fact.

My first good word about the Giulia, it's an Alfa Romeo.
My second good word, I own one. Well half of one, my wife owns the other half.
The bad word.... Well, not so sure I have one. 10,000 miles and no issues.

My 4C, she's in the shop, yet one more time for warranty work. The good word here is I have a Giulia to drive while my daily is in the shop. :grin2:

But yes, some people only use the forum as a "Help, I have a problem and you must rescue me!" sort of thing. On that note, the first and possibly only word will be a bad word. This does not make them a troll.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Indirectly related is my hope that all members will put in their signature what Alfa Romeo Giulia they own.
Of course older Alfa's and different brand cars are of interest too. Otherwise how are we to know that they
are even an owner other than direct references in their posts about their Giulia. After presuming some very
frequent posters with no signature info are actual owners, I discover finally some don't even own a Giulia.
No wonder they sometimes give out bad info. For example, their posted comments of facts that apply to
the Quad but not Base or Ti Giulia. This can be quite confusing or incorrect for some of us new owners
attempting to workout issues. Thanks.

Reactions: Alfaholico
1 - 11 of 11 Posts