Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you did it with ALly. I was thinking of getting it because it gives you an extra 2k miles plus the added protection, and for the tires.

I might bump my 12k/year down to 10k, add the coverage (makes it 11k), and the price might be around the same...

·
Registered
253 Posts
We didn't get it because we take really good care of our cars and weren't worried about needing extra coverage beyond our normal insurance for any "excessive wear". And with a 12k mile lease we were still able to get a super sweet deal so we weren't worried about trying to make a lower mileage lease work. But I guess if you tend to be a bit more rough on the car, then it might be a good idea.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep pretty good care of my cars too - I have underground parking and like to have it looking nice. I was debating it mainly due to the low treadwear of the run flats along with the added mileage plus the added security anyway. I guess if I can get it cheap I may go for it

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got it, my last lease was a Fiat 500e, i took care of it thought i was golden, when lease inspection came up i got hit with a 250 charge for some dings and a bumper scrape. This is not adding the cost getting new tires, so i didnt want to risk it when it came to leasing a way more expensive vehicle.Plus i plan to take the vehicle to the track so those tires are going to be gone and definitely not wanting to purchase new run flats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I got it, my last lease was a Fiat 500e, i took care of it thought i was golden, when lease inspection came up i got hit with a 250 charge for some dings and a bumper scrape. This is not adding the cost getting new tires, so i didnt want to risk it when it came to leasing a way more expensive vehicle.Plus i plan to take the vehicle to the track so those tires are going to be gone and definitely not wanting to purchase new run flats.
thanks for the reply. People say it's a profit add on for the dealer but I think it will be worth it for peace of mind. I am not going to track it but will drive it spiritedly so I may end up being at the limit of tire life as well. I think it's worth it just for that and the 2000 extra miles... I was debating doing a 12k lease but a 10k lease with Smartlease is about the same price

My worst worry is that they will try to say - oh this damage is $1050 so it exceeds the 1000 per incident limit so we won't cover it. I would be infuriated if that happens but I take good care of my cars so hopefully it won't. I am probably overthinking it though and it's good to hear dings and bumper scrape was only $250.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts