Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Why haven't you purchased or leased a Giulia yet?

• Reliability concerns

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Dealer or dealer network needs improvement

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Lease deals not competitive

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Waiting for my current lease to be up

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I want one, but am saving up to get it

• I can't afford it

• Other- please specify

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone who has read my posts knows that I really love the Giulia, but have not been able to bring myself to pull the trigger yet. I think it's just a matter of time, even if I have to wait until the spring when perhaps the reliability issues are sorted out a bit better and perhaps the dealer network is more fleshed out as well.

This poll is meant for those of you in the same boat as me. If you haven't purchased or leased a Giulia yet, but you want one, what is holding you back?

You can select more than one answer if you have more than one reason. In my case it is reliability concerns and the dealer network, as I feel the lease deals are very good right now. I probably should've added waiting for 2018 model or waiting for CarPlay to my choices, if you fall in this category select other and post it below.

FCA, you can send me a certificate good for an additional discount on my Giulia for doing this valuable market research for you :) PM me for the mailing address! ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
@that boy asad -

New poster and can't PM. Has your dealer received any Stelvios or 18 Guilias that have CarPlay? I'm looking at inbound VINs to some of my local dealers (Chicago area) and I don't see CarPlay on any.....but I'm not sure it would be listed? I'm at a crossroads, I can buy a 2017 now or wait a few weeks for a 2018 but I can't get confirmation that will even happen. My local dealers don't seem to know or care. Thanks!

If I could get CarPlay I'd buy tomorrow....

·
Registered
547 Posts
@that boy asad -

New poster and can't PM. Has your dealer received any Stelvios or 18 Guilias that have CarPlay? I'm looking at inbound VINs to some of my local dealers (Chicago area) and I don't see CarPlay on any.....but I'm not sure it would be listed? I'm at a crossroads, I can buy a 2017 now or wait a few weeks for a 2018 but I can't get confirmation that will even happen. My local dealers don't seem to know or care. Thanks!

If I could get CarPlay I'd buy tomorrow....
There has been a couple people that have posted their MY18 build sheets and CarPlay & Android Auto is listed. See this Post;

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/178434-post8.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
There has been a couple people that have posted their MY18 build sheets and CarPlay & Android Auto is listed. See this Post;

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/178434-post8.html
I saw that - but curious also about Stelvios which I believe are actually on the ground in the USA now. Not seeing CarPlay listed on Chrysler's online VIN site. My guess is that if Stelvios have it - so will early 2018 Guilias - and I might end up with a Stelvio depending on how I like it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I saw that - but curious also about Stelvios which I believe are actually on the ground in the USA now. Not seeing CarPlay listed on Chrysler's online VIN site. My guess is that if Stelvios have it - so will early 2018 Guilias - and I might end up with a Stelvio depending on how I like it.
Check out this Post and you might want to review that entire thread. MacGeek is an Italian God on this Forum, he has provided valuable and very reliable information to all of us. Check out his Post on this matter;

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/183746-post103.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
In several Stelvio reviews it was noted that the test cars did not have CarPlay/AA and that it wouldn't be available until later in the model year.

I have a 2018 Giulia on order and the build sheet states CarPlay/AA are included. However, Alfa customer service stated 2018 Giulias would be similar to the Stelvio and early 2018s would not have CarPlay/AA.

Confused? So is everyone else.

It would be interesting to check the build sheets for the Stelvio VINs to see if CarPlay/AA are mentioned.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I believe that all 2018 Alfa vehicles have the necessary hardware to use Car Play/Android Auto (unlike the 2017's). From my understanding it's very hard for a car manufacture to give up full control of their Infotainment system/Operating system on their vehicles to Apple & Google. This is the main reason Toyota will not do it. Also currently there is only 1 Chrysler model that has it and that's the 2017 300 on the Dodge side only the Challenger and Charger has it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's why I'm curious if anybody has seen a 2018 Stelvio which beat the 2018 Guilia to the shores here in the USA. I was set to buy a 2017 until I had a Chevy rental with CarPlay. It's so much easier/smarter then the factory OEM systems. I honestly didn't think I'd care about tech in my car until I had it for a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts