Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used for about one month, 800 miles. Essentially like new apart from rear of resonator section being trimmed slightly for fit (allowed retention of factory cross brace by moving resonator section back slightly). Asking $875.

Nice system that fits without issue. While providing a great improvement in sound when getting to really drive the car, 80-90% of my driving, which is mostly urban area commuting, is from the stop/near stop to 2500 RPM range, often not getting above 40 MPH. As such I didn't love the lower frequency exhaust note at those low RPMs.

Would prefer local pickup but can work with shipping if need be. Am willing to travel up to 40 minutes any direction from Catonsville (just west of Baltimore, outside Beltway). If picking up save over $300 from vendor price.

Thanks, Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah, it's just a basement couch, already compromised by cat claws. But she did threaten to divorce me when I had half of a disassembled Spider in the basement -- about every removable piece/panel -- prepping it for paint.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Omg, sacrilege. Shirley you can't be serious.>:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up going with the REMUS axleback. Based on the commute-restricted nature of my typical driving profile, it works better for me, though I think people looking for a real sport exhaust would be happier with the Magnaflow (or maybe the REMUS with the open center section as well).

Above the 2K resonance, the Magnaflow is amazing; unfortunately for me, I'm passing up and down through 2K RPM all the time, and the low-frequency spike in sound didn't appeal to me. Again though, for sporty driving, the Magnaflow was fantastic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rutlefan, sorry it wasn't for you. I did some research and I also don't know if I would like the constant rumble.

Switching gears, and hopefully not stealing your thread...

I found this and like this sound the best (better than Magnaflow, better than Remus - to my ears). They have a center pipe with a silencer (option) which might be a little more muted? Their videos, they have mutiple, have installed center pipes without the silencer. I have no idea how to order one though and their rep may not entirely speak English.

https://youtu.be/SScEcf78qAo

But back to yours... Rutlefan has a Magnaflow Corsa exhaust for sale :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is bad news.

Does anyone sell an exhaust system for the Giulia that creates a proper sound, but has no drone, without having to modify the unit for which a thousand dollars or more was just paid?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is bad news.

Does anyone sell an exhaust system for the Giulia that creates a proper sound, but has no drone, without having to modify the unit for which a thousand dollars or more was just paid?
I like the REMUS axleback but it is pretty mild compared to the Corsa (and I imagine the REMUS catback). If my driving was more heavily-weighted towards open freeway/highway driving, I would have been happy with the Corsa; I just spend too much time passing through the 2K resonance.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ended up going with the REMUS axleback. Based on the commute-restricted nature of my typical driving profile, it works better for me, though I think people looking for a real sport exhaust would be happier with the Magnaflow (or maybe the REMUS with the open center section as well).
Where did you buy the Remus?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Just get a bypass controller or do the manual mod. Stock sounds awesome wide open. You get free barks from the boost valve too at constant throttle, changing grade. If you notice a drone, try adding some insulation or sound matt to the tire kit tub under the back floor. The plastic tub seems like a prime suspect for boomy noises. I spent a lot of time with it when I installed the Forza controller. In A mode, on the highway with the Forza valve open, saving gas while sounding like a bada$$ is priceless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.