Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have ACP/AA installed, when plugging into the usb port, is that the port below the Infotainment center or in the console or do both work?
Thanks

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Both work.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have only used the front one below the infotainment center - it works fine. I noticed that with my new iPhone 8 I have to enable the phone to have access whereas on my older iPhone 6 I didn't have to do that. I like the way the ACP works but wish i could access Google Maps and not Apple Maps through it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have only used the front one below the infotainment center - it works fine. I noticed that with my new iPhone 8 I have to enable the phone to have access whereas on my older iPhone 6 I didn't have to do that. I like the way the ACP works but wish i could access Google Maps and not Apple Maps through it.
Later this year Apple is enabling 3rd party nav apps. So Google and Waze will be available.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Jerry that is great. I need information that is beyond the Alfa mapping s/w, like where roads are slow and where the police are hiding >:)

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,436 Posts
iOS 12 will have this and history says it should be released 9/19

I can't wait for Waze on my dash

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Jerry that is great. I need information that is beyond the Alfa mapping s/w, like where roads are slow and where the police are hiding >:)
Of course Google and Waze, owned by Google, have to update their apps but I seem to recall that they said they would be released. There would be no point in not doing so.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You'll love it. I prefer the look of Google maps but the waze information is wonderful on that display.
You have it on AA or are you running the iOS beta?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You have it on AA or are you running the iOS beta?
I haven’t been following the iOS beta that closely but you need to have iOS12 to run 3rd party nav apps in ACP but the catch 22 is Apple doesn’t allow apps on the iOS App Store that use the new API’s needed until 12 is actually released so there’s no way to get the updated apps in order to do so unless you’re directly in google and waze’s beta program which look private. I could be wrong but I haven’t seen anything publicly from them about iOS12 ACp enables apps...

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I could be wrong but I haven’t seen anything publicly from them about iOS12 ACp enables apps...
The iOS12 announcement conference had a demo which displayed a Waze screen, so while it's not been officially announced that Waze will be enabled, it has been strongly suggested to be so.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The iOS12 announcement conference had a demo which displayed a Waze screen, so while it's not been officially announced that Waze will be enabled, it has been strongly suggested to be so.
I know...I posted a screen of Waze and Google Maps on Apple’s presentation screen but it was a static screenshot and not a live demo. I just looked up a few sources for info on Waze betas on iOS12 and it doesn’t appear anyone outside of the company is using it.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying before though. You need iOS12 to run 3rd party nav apps on ACP. Waze and Google Maps need to be updated to run on iOS 12 ACP. Developers are currently not allowed to release apps on Apple’s App Store to actually take advantage of iOS12 api allowing the 3rd party access for nav. So its a cart before the horse kinda thing. You’ll probably need to wait til Sept or whenever for official release of iOS12 before we see a new version of the two nav apps to be released to take advantage...

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I know...I posted a screen of Waze and Google Maps on Apple’s presentation screen but it was a static screenshot and not a live demo. I just looked up a few sources for info on Waze betas on iOS12 and it doesn’t appear anyone outside of the company is using it.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying before though. You need iOS12 to run 3rd party nav apps on ACP. Waze and Google Maps need to be updated to run on iOS 12 ACP. Developers are currently not allowed to release apps on Apple’s App Store to actually take advantage of iOS12 api allowing the 3rd party access for nav. So its a cart before the horse kinda thing. You’ll probably need to wait til Sept or whenever for official release of iOS12 before we see a new version of the two nav apps to be released to take advantage...
Ah, sure. Gotchya.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's what I figured but thought I'd ask

·
Registered
36 Posts

In this video you can see waze and google maps being used by a youtube reviewer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts