Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a TI sport and no where on that car do I see fog lights but, there is a fog light button and it activates when I push it. Am I crazy?? are the foglights in the headlight assembly, also I High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
222 Posts
So I have a TI sport and no where on that car do I see fog lights but, there is a fog light button and it activates when I push it. Am I crazy?? are the foglights in the headlight assembly, also I High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps if that makes a difference?

The fog light is on the rear, in Europe when they say fog lights it's actually for fog. It is a bit brighter than your regular lights at night so that in a fog they can actually see you on the road.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
The UK market does get front fog lights:

I'd like to get ahold of those grill panels and have some lights down there.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
Rtfm?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The UK market does get front fog lights:

I'd like to get ahold of those grill panels and have some lights down there.
Interetingly enough I have only seen fog lights on models with halogen lights like the one on your picture....you also lose the air ducts on the edges of the bumpers, seems to be case only on base EU models

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, I believe the Euro front foglights can only be paired with the baseline halogen headlights, which aren't available in the States at all. Would also be interested in a retrofit, if it were electrically possible. Having a non-Quadrifoglio I assume I wouldn't be blocking anything in terms of air ducting...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
They also can come in handy if someone is tailgating. No need to brake but looks like it to the tailgater
For 3 seconds...then it just pisses them off...some tailgaters are bullies by nature and turning fog light on them just makes them tailgate even more and potentialy do even stupider and dangerous things

·
Registered
36 Posts
They also can come in handy if someone is tailgating. No need to brake but looks like it to the tailgater
I have done this before as well, such a beautiful feature.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Interetingly enough I have only seen fog lights on models with halogen lights like the one on your picture....you also lose the air ducts on the edges of the bumpers, seems to be case only on base EU models
Yes, I believe the Euro front foglights can only be paired with the baseline halogen headlights, which aren't available in the States at all. Would also be interested in a retrofit, if it were electrically possible. Having a non-Quadrifoglio I assume I wouldn't be blocking anything in terms of air ducting...
Mmm, thanks for the heads-up. I'd be happy to wire them in "simple," however, on a separate switch, and just turn them on and off manually. It would be nice if I could tap an ignition switched electrical source, though...

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
For 3 seconds...then it just pisses them off...some tailgaters are bullies by nature and turning fog light on them just makes them tailgate even more and potentialy do even stupider and dangerous things
I was gonna say...as someone who will get all up your tailpipe to clearly express my distaste for your left-lane banditry, your stupid fog light doesn't mean **** to me.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yes Jackass I read the Manual, the entire manual yesterday actually and watched the Youtube videos.
What's the point in insulting people and calling them names? They are trying to help you. Why should they want to continue to help you after a comment like that?

This is an adult and mature forum. Childish behavior will not be tolerated here. Respect and understanding is the expected behavior here.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
What's the point in insulting people and calling them names? They are trying to help you. Why should they want to continue to help you after a comment like that?

This is an adult and mature forum. Childish behavior will not be tolerated here. Respect and understanding is the expected behavior here.
I don't consider "RTFM" respectful, however, though I don't think he meant it in the worst way.

Reactions: gxmech

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Very classy name calling. I'm sure you're the pride of your hometown. I'll refrain from questioning your thoroughness and reading comprehension and call your attention to pages 28, 29 and 54. Have a nice drive. :x

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...uals/Giulia/2018-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-UG-3rd.pdf
The Rtfm wasn't necessary. The manual doesn't explain that the tail lights just get brighter. His assumption was there is another set of lights somewhere in the rear or front. Just be cool and answer the guys question if you know the answer.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

I don't consider "RTFM" respectful, however, though I don't think he meant it in the worst way.
I'm not familiar with "RTFM" and don't know what it means. You'll need to explain it to me. Perhaps in a PM if it's that bad.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Probably means “Read The xxxxxxx Manual”. But that’s just a SWAG.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts