Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia; 2014 Street Triple R (Triumph); 2012 NC700X (Honda)
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does pressing the fob's lock button twice do anything more than what's done by pressing it once?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Does pressing the fob's lock button twice do anything more than what's done by pressing it once?
On mine, the 2nd push makes the horn beep, but I think that’s just the signal for “hey dumbass, I’m already locked”.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The horn is adjustable in the settings: you can set the honk to occur after one lock press or two. To me, that adjustability implies meaning -- I just can't find anything definitive one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
In the UK cars and some markets (not USA) pressing it twice activates the deadlock. This means if anybody breaks the window they cannot open the door from the interior door opening lever. Leave the window open, double press the keyfob lock button and try opening the door from the inside door lever.

Reactions: MarkB

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
In the UK cars and some markets (not USA) pressing it twice activates the deadlock. This means if anybody breaks the window they cannot open the door from the interior door opening lever. Leave the window open, double press the keyfob lock button and try opening the door from the inside door lever.
If that's the case (as it is with my car), also the blinkers will blink 3 times to confirm
You have to push the lock button twice in quick succession

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,057 Posts
Thatcham?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
We dont get any cool stuff like that in the US, probably because inevitably, some idiot would lock themselves in the car and then find a scumbag lawyer to file a lawsuit....never mind that they would only be locked in because of their own sheer stupidity and the fact that they would be too fat to climb out the window....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
@ :D :D We have our own share of stupids here too. The only way to dead lock the lock is by double pressing the fob. This will activate the alarm. If you are in the car, this will set the alarm off. Now you have a panicky fat stupid person trying to open the car. Having said that anyone who drives an Alfa is far from stupid, just one with lots of patience.

Reactions: Crosshairs
1 - 13 of 13 Posts