Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience or recs for a foam cannon to connect to a pressure washer?
Gracias in advance

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Can't help you there. I go to a hand wash car wash by me. They do a great job.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have used a simple fertilizer spray bottle top. Like the ones you can buy at the home stores for attachment to a hose. Find a bottle of the same size or clean the original. It isn't technically a cannon, but you can fill the bottle with soap and use the nozzle to adjust the fan pattern to pre-foam the car. It works great but swapping back and forth on the hose is a pain. Quick connects would be better either way. Works great with a clear dish detergent bottle filled with a couple ounces of car wash and water. Leaves a nice foamy suds layer and is powerful enough to dislodge heavy dirt.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use the TORQ professional foam cannon from Chemical Guys. Works great!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I have been looking at the TORQ. On your recs I'm gonna order one. Thanks again!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got the Chemical Guys foam gun and it works well. It is a little small and I wish I had purchased the foam cannon.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I wasn't a believer until I tried one. But, it really does an awesome job and if suds'ed enough, it reduces the amount of back and forth to the bucket.

John K. mentioned the quick disconnects. Maybe an upgrade I'll do for this next season! Another solution is to just put a "Y" on the hose bib and always roll out two hoses. Invariably I typically start the pressure washer a second or 3rd time.

Here's an idea for the pressure washer companies: They have an Inlet for the incoming water hose. Why not have a outlet hose connection so that a second small hose could always be coiled up on the unit for quick rinses? Makes too much sense! I guess the same thing could be done at the pressure washer Inlet with a quick y-connection and short hose from the hardware store. Oh, the inconveniences of life!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Soaking the car in the appropriate suds also prevents water spotting, if you like to take your time working around the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So....after all your excellent recs, I followed FNM and ordered a 17$ one from Amazon. Will get it Tuesday, if it works well, I just saved some moola. If it's bad, I'm not out too much. I washed the FiST, and the Quadrifoglio today, and used the soap dispenser on power washer. Not really a foam cannon, but it worked ok. Really excited to try foam cannon.
What a dork!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
cool, it's not bad..it's fine :) I had to play with the valve on it (oddly closed gives the biggest foam) and the concentrate levels for a couple of tries but very happy with it to be honest. I chuck about 2oz in there, warm water, shake and bingo :D Hope it works out for you too!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm actually jealous of you guys. Years ago I would wash my car after every time I drove it. Thanks to arthritis and a hip replacement I can't stoop over without pain. It was relaxing to wash my car and I do miss it.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
sucks - I know what a literal pain that can be! Hope it's manageable at the very least. There's always a downside to cleaning the car though, you must recall finding a little ding and thinking "ahh great now I can't stop looking at that!" ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update. The $17 foam cannon works great. Save your money for other things. I’m so glad I didn’t spend 90 + dollars. Thanks FNM!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I bought an expensive MTM one and have only used it several times. Not a fan...at all. For me, compared to my normal super-regimented, careful hand wash routine, it was actually an inferior way of washing my car. If anyone wants to purchase mine for half off whatever they go for, let me know. If you’re local to the Boston area, you can have the gallon of my Chemical Guys wash soap I bought to go with it too. This deal pays for itself! I have too many detailing products to begin with, so I’d love to thin out the herd.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got a foam cannon and used it today for the first time. The car was filthy with snow and salt. I hit it twice with foam and did not rub at all with a sponge. I'm very happy with the results. Not sure if it replaces good old fashioned mitt washing, but it is an alternative. It was kind of fun and it's touchless. It would also be good if you want to wash your car on a cold day and don't want to stick your hand in a bucket of water.
Pictures before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got a foam cannon and used it today for the first time. The car was filthy with snow and salt. I hit it twice with foam and did not rub at all with a sponge. I'm very happy with the results. Not sure if it replaces good old fashioned mitt washing, but it is an alternative. It was kind of fun and it's touchless. It would also be good if you want to wash your car on a cold day and don't want to stick your hand in a bucket of water.
Pictures before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wash your car and then the sun comes out too ... It's a sign :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts