Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what appears to be water under my car (2018 Ti sport) that is dead center about 4' from the end of the rear bumper. It does not appear to be oil based and has no odor. I dried the spot and a few hours later it reappeared. Water would be from the AC, right? But I haven't used it, unless the auto climate is turning it on? Any ideas what I'm looking at?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most exhaust systems have weep holes to let condensation out. Could it be that?

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
I found what appears to be water under my car (2018 Ti sport) that is dead center about 4' from the end of the rear bumper. It does not appear to be oil based and has no odor. I dried the spot and a few hours later it reappeared. Water would be from the AC, right? But I haven't used it, unless the auto climate is turning it on? Any ideas what I'm looking at?
I had an issue with a loose transmission fluid bolt drain plug. I placed a piece of paper underneath the center of the car to locate the exact location of it, and found that they needed to tighten and replace the gasket on the transmission drain plug.

it sounds like my location might’ve been a foot to two forward of what you’re referring to. I was able to identify it as transmission fluid because it had a slightly oily feel to it.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
Yet another source for water would be rain or condensation collecting on the belly pans (or whatever they are properly called), then dripping to the ground when the car is driven onto an inclined driveway. The front of the rear belly pan or a hole in it might be aligned with the subject spot.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Maybe she's pregnant?

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe she's pregnant?
Ok, this comment really made me laugh because my daughter is expecting her first children (twins) anytime now and I really need this car to be ok.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I will keep my eye on it and hope it isn't anything serious. No time to take car in for service check right now, plus I've only had it for 5 days (after waiting 4+ months) and don't want to give it up unless it's absolutely necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Congrats Paul, exciting times :) didn't have the aircon on for some odd reason? That'll dump out. I used to crap myself every time I saw a wet spot with my RX7, always the bloody AC :D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yup and the tail pipes. If climate control is on the ac will run.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Congrats Paul, exciting times :) didn't have the aircon on for some odd reason? That'll dump out. I used to crap myself every time I saw a wet spot with my RX7, always the bloody AC :D
I wonder why no one has opened a bar by that name in my area.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I do have a habit of turning the AC off because all the 4 cylinder cars I've owned seemed to be impacted power-wise by it being on - only use it in the summer or to de-fog. Also, I've never had a car that dripped AC condensation at that spot under the car - always somewhere up front under the engine compartment - so it seemed really odd to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts