Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm shopping for an AR and want to know what y'all's experiences with the dealerships here in Florida has been like. There are several around here in Central Florida, but I'm curious to see who made you the best deal, who gave you the least hassle, has a decent service center, etc. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leased mine through Arigo Fiat-Alfa in West Palm Beach. Could not be happier with the dealer and it's service department. Pleasant to deal with. Very good lease deal on a leftover 2017 and the service staff was able to track down an intermittent problem that I had with the Nav system. Gave me a loaner car to use for several days and took care of the problem.

·
Registered
440 Posts
North Orlando owner here.

We didn't end up buying from any dealer in central Florida. We did have an order with Central Florida Alfa Romeo but it turned into a 5hit show; it wasn't the dealer's fault it was corporate AR. Through another member here we found what we wanted from a dealer in Maine. Bought it and shipped it down to Florida.

One thing I will note about Central Florida AR is we've been there twice for service. First was for a warranty fix (headlamp washers) and they put two severe chips in the hood of the car. AR of North America took care of us but it was such a hassle.

Second time was just recently to have new tires installed. They scratched one of the wheels but did fix it.

First time, shame on them. Second time, shame on us for going back.

Our experience might be against the norm but I have my reservations about the service department at this point...

Others may have better experiences but that is what we'd gone through.

BTW, we thought Greenway (a year ago) was horrible. They tried to tell us the Quad and a non-Quad were "basically the same" vehicle. Maybe things have changed with them but they didn't know much about Alfa's cars.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Go out of state. I tried multiple times to buy from Florida dealers and it was comically bad. Ended up buying from Illinois, getting exact specs I wanted, great price with shipping included.

Something about Florida dealers is that they don’t think they have to negotiate, so they would rather lose a profitable sale and sell zero cars in a day than take the effort to work a deal that still makes them money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Arrigo in West Palm is a great dealer for servicing but they would not give me a good deal to purchase. I ended up buying from Maserati Alfa Romeo in Daytona. They gave me a great deal from the start. They still have 2017s on their lot which im sure you can get a deal on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Rick Case in Weston has a huge inventory so you may find something there but I wouldn't get your car serviced there. Their service department is terrible!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought my car from Alfa/Maserati of St. Pete. All over phone/email. I dealt with salesman Robbie and the entire experience was fantastic. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased my QV from Parks Alfa Romeo in Wesley Chapel which is north of Tampa. Purchase went smoothly other than the wait for the car from Italy. Last time I was there they had a white QV that was unclaimed. I dealt with George. I would recommend.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Arrigo in West Palm is a great dealer for servicing but they would not give me a good deal to purchase. I ended up buying from Maserati Alfa Romeo in Daytona. They gave me a great deal from the start. They still have 2017s on their lot which im sure you can get a deal on.
When we were looking we thought Daytona seemed "good". We didn't buy from there only because, at the time we were looking, Central Florida AR was closer and if we were going to order one it might as well be the closest dealership. A year ago there were no discounts for the Quad if you were ordering them -- at least our experience.

We almost starting looking at the Ghibli only because prior year vehicles had big discounts; for example: 90k Ghibli for 70k, and that was straight out of the gate by the salesman, didn't even have to ask for any specials.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I picked mine up from Alfa Romeo of Central Florida (Ferrari dealer) - they have been great. Had a few warranty issues, but they took care of things right away. Sounds like 407GUY didn't quite have the same experience. As for Greenway - it's "Greenway" and there is a reason I didn't go there despite in only being minutes from the house.

I think you'll find for warranty issues, it's always a bit of hassle with AR - "I have this problem" and the "mother may I" always first for a blessing before proceeding. Guess the dealers have gotten stuck with charge backs. If you have to go in, just be sure to make a list of everything so you can hopefully bang it out all at once.

Reactions: JerryIII

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my car from Alfa/Maserati of St. Pete. All over phone/email. I dealt with salesman Robbie and the entire experience was fantastic. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that. Got mine at St. Pete, painless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alfa_Rogue

·
Registered
40 Posts

Service department doing a great job at Arrigo, didn’t purchase there but 2 service visit were great experiences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got mine at Brandon Automall. I feel I got a great deal but there was too much haggling, typical back and forth nonsense. Their starting payment was about $100 more than what I walked out paying. Took it in for service once so far and it was relatively painless.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got a great deal on a end of year 18 Ti at Arrigo. Great guys with no pressure and threw in extended maintenance plan.

Will be getting first oil change at 5k miles shortly and will see how service goes.

Did call service with a question the first week of ownership and they responded quickly and effectively.

So far so good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Last fall we went on a journey to purchase a Stelvio Q to replace out Giulia Q.

We didn't have a great experience with Daytona. Was going to buy from them and then things got shady. We found a video (since removed) of the Stelvio we were going to buy doing some hot laps around Daytona International Speedway. When we questioned about this the video was pulled and communications got thin.

Next was Central Florida. Communication between our salesman wasn't the best and when we inquired about swapping our Forza controller we were told "it would void the warranty" from the service advisor. That is a false statement. No single modification voids your warranty -- thank the Magnuson Moss warranty act. When I said no it wouldn't I got a blank stare.

Take our experience for what it's worth but I'm left dumbfounded with the whole process. These are two dealerships who also sell high end vehicles. I guess when you buy a Ferrari or Maserati customer service isn't a high priority.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Last fall we went on a journey to purchase a Stelvio Q to replace out Giulia Q.

We didn't have a great experience with Daytona. Was going to buy from them and then things got shady. We found a video (since removed) of the Stelvio we were going to buy doing some hot laps around Daytona International Speedway. When we questioned about this the video was pulled and communications got thin.

Next was Central Florida. Communication between our salesman wasn't the best and when we inquired about swapping our Forza controller we were told "it would void the warranty" from the service advisor. That is a false statement. No single modification voids your warranty -- thank the Magnuson Moss warranty act. When I said no it wouldn't I got a blank stare.

Take our experience for what it's worth but I'm left dumbfounded with the whole process. These are two dealerships who also sell high end vehicles. I guess when you buy a Ferrari or Maserati customer service isn't a high priority.

/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
Sad but many dealers take the QVs out on “test drives”. The fact they taped it makes them idiots.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got mine at Brandon Automall. I feel I got a great deal but there was too much haggling, typical back and forth nonsense. Their starting payment was about $100 more than what I walked out paying. Took it in for service once so far and it was relatively painless.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I also bought mine from them. I think I got a great deal as well. About 14.5k off on a fully loaded QV minus the lane departure garbage that is did not even want. So CCB's, Sparco's, CF wheel and 5 holes.

I won't service there since I am on the other side of the bay. So I service at St. Pete.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I purchased mine from rick case Alfa Romeo, and do all of my service at south MIAMI Alfa Romeo. Both have been excellent, south MIAMI even hooking me up with some minor warranty issues I had (replacing a blown speaker and faded caliper paint). I recommend either

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also bought mine from them. I think I got a great deal as well. About 14.5k off on a fully loaded QV minus the lane departure garbage that is did not even want. So CCB's, Sparco's, CF wheel and 5 holes.

I won't service there since I am on the other side of the bay. So I service at St. Pete.
I'll probably go to the Maserati place too for service, they seem like they may know their way around the car better. The Brandon place was gimmicky with their free car washes for life and hot dogs on the weekends. They don't even display the Alfa's anymore out front, its all jeeps and chargers like they gave up or something.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts