Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Giulia Ti Sport with 3300 miles. Car has been no trouble until now. Started up fine and noticed the flashing odometer as well as a completely black infotainment screen and the sensors now put out an odd echo sound. The screen will not turn on and nothing displays. I’ve tried several on/off attempts but no luck with resetting. Has anyone else had these multiple issues in combination with the flashing odometer?
I’ve read all the posts in regard to the odometer.

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
995 Posts
flashing odometer signals a problem on the CAN bus, so probably an error/defect of one of the CAN nodes/devices on the CAN bus, which seems consistent with your infotainment system not working (which is a CAN node).
Only option is probably dealer visit to get error(s) read. If you're lucky it's just a matter of proxy alignment, if you're unlucky it's a real problem with the infotainment system that will need to be resolved.....

Proxy alignment is a process whereby the bodycomputer scans all devices on the CAN bus, to verify their presence etc.
Simply initiated via OBD port with Witech2 test computer.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
2019 Giulia Ti Sport with 3300 miles. Car has been no trouble until now. Started up fine and noticed the flashing odometer as well as a completely black infotainment screen and the sensors now put out an odd echo sound. The screen will not turn on and nothing displays. I’ve tried several on/off attempts but no luck with resetting. Has anyone else had these multiple issues in combination with the flashing odometer?

Thanks, Don
Hello DucatiDon,
We are very sorry to hear about your recent concern with your Giulia. As our team is not mechanically trained, we kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received a call from the dealer saying the problem has been repaired by removing the radio module due to its being asleep. 1.) what caused it to be put to sleep? 2.) whats to prevent this from happening again?
I asked if he did a proxy alignment with the CAN BUS system and he said he didn't know what that was.
I’m not convinced this is fixed.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I asked if he did a proxy alignment with the CAN BUS system and he said he didn't know what that was.
Doesn't invoke much confidence in dealer, not knowing what proxy alignment is ...... :(

see f.i. ;) :
proxy alignment

·
Registered
67 Posts
flashing odometer signals a problem on the CAN bus, so probably an error/defect of one of the CAN nodes/devices on the CAN bus, which seems consistent with your infotainment system not working (which is a CAN node).
Only option is probably dealer visit to get error(s) read. If you're lucky it's just a matter of proxy alignment, if you're unlucky it's a real problem with the infotainment system that will need to be resolved.....

Proxy alignment is a process whereby the bodycomputer scans all devices on the CAN bus, to verify their presence etc.
Simply initiated via OBD port with Witech2 test computer.
Noticed that I had a flashing odometer occur on my 2019 Giulia Ti Sport after taking delivery in April. Took it to the dealer. Based on searching in the forum, I suggested that proxy alignment might be in order. Sure enough, the scan revealed that a sensors in the side mirrors were not properly present on the buss. Easy fix and on my way.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Received a call from the dealer saying the problem has been repaired by removing the radio module due to its being asleep. 1.) what caused it to be put to sleep? 2.) whats to prevent this from happening again?
N

Thanks, Don
don,

I had this happen to my 2017 QV w/ 7000 mi. I picked up my car yesterday from the dealer. New stereo and infotainment system seems to have done the trick. It took a few days to have the parts expedited and the dealer was focused on making me happy. Good warranty outing:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts