Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

361 - 380 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I believe Seletron offers one called the EVC Sport.
First time I heard of Seletron. I went over and reviewed their web site.

First, Seletron is an Italian company and it appears that their main forte is as a manufacturer of tuning kits for cars. They have various chips for various cars. From what I have been able to find, everything I read is pretty positive.

One unique feature that I found to be excellent is that their tuning kit does not replace the car's ECU. It is installed near the ECU and it intercepts the signal cable coming into the ECU then outputs a modifying signal back into the ECU. Their tuning chip makes adjustments to fuel trim, turbo boost, etc. One reviewer says easy to install and no warning lights, etc. All indications are this is a quality product.

It appears that their exhaust controller works similarly. That is, the signal to/from the car's ECU is intercepted allowing the driver to manually control the exhaust valves or return control back to the car. Very slick solution. Their controller cost € 399 ($446 at today's exchange rate). The Forza controller costs € 264 ($295).

From what I can find out, Seletron products appear to be good quality, they have good reviews and would likely satisfy Alfa owners. So, it appears that we have two choices for exhaust controllers and a new player on performance enhancements. I particularly like the fact that their products, like the Forza controllers, are plug and play and you can easily remove them if you need to take the car to the dealer for warranty work.

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anyone just interested in a DIY mod to have the flaps open all the time like I did, you can just get these 1/4 inch inline shut off valves that go in sprinkler hoses and a bit of extra sprinkler hose and use them to make a manual always unbaffled or stock mode switch. It only takes about 30 mins to install as i found out doing it today and now i have the "race" sound in all modes, "a", "n", "d" and "Race". I did it exactly as he did in the video and It work great.

In retrospect, i want to go back and make on change now; What he did was to plug the hose and leave the nipple on the exhaust baffle uncovered which leaves it exposed to debris. I'm gonna get some sprinkler hose and connect the other end of the shut off valve to the original hose location on the baffle with the shut off in the off position. This will allow me to switch them on/off as needed and prevent debris in the baffle part.

[NOTE: Forum thinks my links are spam so read and follow instructions to find links]

Parts:
Home Depot: "1/4 in. In-Line Shut Off Valve (2-Pack)" - $1.97

I saw this guy do it on YouTube and followed along:
Search YouTube for "$3 Mod Alfa Romeo Giulia Exhaust."

·
Registered
124 Posts
For anyone just interested in a DIY mod to have the flaps open all the time like I did, you can just get these 1/4 inch inline shut off valves that go in sprinkler hoses and a bit of extra sprinkler hose and use them to make a manual always unbaffled or stock mode switch. It only takes about 30 mins to install as i found out doing it today and now i have the "race" sound in all modes, "a", "n", "d" and "Race". I did it exactly as he did in the video and It work great.

In retrospect, i want to go back and make on change now; What he did was to plug the hose and leave the nipple on the exhaust baffle uncovered which leaves it exposed to debris. I'm gonna get some sprinkler hose and connect the other end of the shut off valve to the original hose location on the baffle with the shut off in the off position. This will allow me to switch them on/off as needed and prevent debris in the baffle part.

[NOTE: Forum thinks my links are spam so read and follow instructions to find links]

Parts:
Home Depot: "1/4 in. In-Line Shut Off Valve (2-Pack)" - $1.97

I saw this guy do it on YouTube and followed along:
Search YouTube for "$3 Mod Alfa Romeo Giulia Exhaust."
About 8 months ago I posted in this thread full instructions with a parts list of what you need to do this. The only disadvantage of this method is that you cannot toggle the valves open/closed while driving. But, if you position the on/off valves in the trunk of the car, they will be easily accessible.

Here is the link to the posting in this thread ... https://www.giuliaforums.com/thread...-sound-in-all-modes.10122/page-14#post-716376

Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here are some photos of the installation process of an exhaust controller on a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
My shop put the forza on the raised grid pattern on the floor of that box but they cut out some of the raised plastic so that it sits flush with the floor and so they could route the cables from the grommet. This provided the most surface area to adhere the forza to and keeps it flat.

Keep in mind this is the same shop that left a wrench in my engine bay when they installed my Sprint filter, so ??‍♂

·
Registered
124 Posts
My shop put the forza on the raised grid pattern on the floor of that box but they cut out some of the raised plastic so that it sits flush with the floor and so they could route the cables from the grommet. This provided the most surface area to adhere the forza to and keeps it flat.

Keep in mind this is the same shop that left a wrench in my engine bay when they installed my Sprint filter, so ??‍♂
I have no idea why they went to the trouble of cutting out some of the raised plastic floor when a nice flat smooth surface is available on the sides of fuse box well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
where is plugged the vacuum pipe in engine ? turbo is eletrical, brakes also... anyone could explain where is taken vacuum to steering exhasut ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
where is plugged the vacuum pipe in engine ? turbo is eletrical, brakes also... anyone could explain where is taken vacuum to steering exhasut ?
If I remember correctly the vacuum reservoir (dedicated pump? - IBS connected?) is somewhere behind the front left wheel...
Here we need MacGeek...
;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I found something. This is connected to intake. Output is going under the car, maybe to gearbox?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the Forza controller installed in Houston?
Installation is quite easy. Here are detailed instructions.

You can do this without a lift,although obviously an advantage. Also, this easy enough as a DIY project.

Should you feel more comfortable with an auto shop performing the work, any decent shop will easily be able to do this. I also recommend asking a high end audio shop as well.

Steve

·
Registered
374 Posts
I did the Home Depot valve mod. I used also some 1/8” ID silicone tubing to complete the loop so that I can restore factory operation just by reaching into the wheel well and turning a valve on each side.
It took ten minutes per side. I don’t get why someone needs a controller. The sound is not too loud at cold start up, shouldn’t bother the neighbors.
Cost 10 dollars and took twenty minutes and I can switch it back to factory in 20 seconds should I ever want to.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Just FYI. We had our Forza installed at the dealership simply out of convenience. I can say the programming to my outer buttons on the visor is cool. I didn’t want a permanent change and the Forza gives us the best of both worlds. We are still loving it. It has been a happy 2 years with the QV. She was one of the fist 2017 additions.

·
Registered
440 Posts
+1 MINIME

(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone tried the Squadra Tuning OBD exhaust mod that is just plug and play and activates via the button on the shifter? Same price as Forza + no install and completed reversible in about 2 seconds...

It's available at madness.

Any feedback?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Regarding the OBD options, I personally don't like:
1. the parastic current draw. These cars already are known for this, now with an OBD module running full time (even with its sleep mode), it's going to require a battery tender.
2. The need for a secure gateway (I have a 2019) full-time to use it.
3. the look of it hanging down like that... I guess you can use an OBD port extension cable and tuck it away somewhere though.

I am happy with the home depot hack :) I just had the Milltek installed and I will say that the cold start is now getting close to loud enough to make the neighbors notice... oh well, it's only a few seconds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I'm going for the manual version this weekend. If you go the method with the extra "plug" sprinkler valve at the end, that keeps everything in closed loop so you don't have an exposed hose collecting debris correct?

Also- can someone link me to the best silicone tubing on Amazon for this? Trying to order today so it can arrive this weekend but every time I find one that looks good for this I find a review about how it melted or some other horror story. Thanks all!

361 - 380 of 422 Posts