Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in on Monday for the first year service on my '17 Ti sport with 19" sport pack. Anyone had it done already and can pass down some info? I know there'll be an oil change, but what else should I expect to be done? How long does the entire thing take? Etc...

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I've had it done. Be sure they reset the service indicator . They forgot to do it on mine and you cant do it yourself. They have to connect to the car to do it. Not sure beyond the oil change what was done. It might mention what they do in the service manual. I had a couple of updates run on my car and the recall also so they kept it and gave me a loaner.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
Service indicator on infotainment as well as oil degradation counter need to both be reset, make sure you ask them about both, otherwise you will get a "change engine oil" error in a couple of weeks time

am surprised change engine oil has not come up before your first year - you must drive your car very lightly

it is a driving style indicator and not associated with any particular sensor - needs to be reset

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't think there's an oil degradation counter in North American spec cars.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Going in on Monday for the first year service on my '17 Ti sport with 19" sport pack. Anyone had it done already and can pass down some info? I know there'll be an oil change, but what else should I expect to be done? How long does the entire thing take? Etc...
First year (10k) service on my car included oil & filter, tire rotation, battery test, diagnostic scan, lubrication of door/hood/trunk latches and fluid top up. At least that’s what the paper work I received says.

·
Registered
691 Posts
First year (10k) service on my car included oil & filter, tire rotation, battery test, diagnostic scan, lubrication of door/hood/trunk latches and fluid top up. At least that’s what the paper work I received says.
Is there a magic number for when the dealer will do this service? It's covered the first year or am I mistaken? What I'm asking I guess, is what if your first year has expired but you've only put 6K miles on the car? Do you still get the "1 year" service at 10K?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just had mine done Monday. Oil change, check all fluids, state inspection and they rotated the tires. I also had the T57 update.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
@robertmee, I purchased mine new 8 months ago, and it only has 4K miles. I wanted to get the oil changed, because it had been on the lot at Hendrick for 4-5 months before I purchased, so the oil had been in the car > 1 year.

They reset the service indicator to 10k miles, 364 days, but I plan to take it back in 5k for the next oil change since Corey had said they will honor the oil change/tire rotation plan I had purchased from Hendrick. This plan was for an oil change/rotation every 5k mikes, up to 30k, no time limit.

I’m not exactly sure what the rules are, I would have been fine with this service being limited to just the oil change/tire rotation, but for whatever reason they went ahead with the full 10k service (which honestly isn’t all that much more).

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Dealer in AZ and AR confirmed. 10,000 miles or 365 days (not 366 days). So if the time past the oil change is not covered. Do I think if you have a good dealership and they call AR Cares they will. Yes. My servicing dealership emphasized the "don't forget" part. Life happens and people may not be able to get in on that day or couldn't. But it will be discretionary after 10,000 or 1 year which ever you hit sooner.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
@robertmee, I purchased mine new 8 months ago, and it only has 4K miles. I wanted to get the oil changed, because it had been on the lot at Hendrick for 4-5 months before I purchased, so the oil had been in the car > 1 year.

They reset the service indicator to 10k miles, 364 days, but I plan to take it back in 5k for the next oil change since Corey had said they will honor the oil change/tire rotation plan I had purchased from Hendrick. This plan was for an oil change/rotation every 5k mikes, up to 30k, no time limit.

I’m not exactly sure what the rules are, I would have been fine with this service being limited to just the oil change/tire rotation, but for whatever reason they went ahead with the full 10k service (which honestly isn’t all that much more).
I thought of doing the same thing and I did that with the Cooper just to get the factory junk out. We did not with the QV. I can see the logic (a year is a year if it is sitting on the lot) so it seemed odd to me that they wouldn't recommend a first oil change right after you get a car. So that rule still applies that you should swap out the factory oil to get the junk out? We have a QV and are not going to rotate tires. If they are wearing left to right there is an issue. The servicing dealer said "not necessary" and they would be getting the revenue.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
x2 on what everyone else is saying - make sure you check everything (Infotainment and status lights), even check for damage before driving away. I had mine done at the same time as the brake fluid being replaced so took 2 hours ish max. Got a Stelvio loaner and happy I did as I had a few issues which extended the timing to 24 hours

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there a magic number for when the dealer will do this service? It's covered the first year or am I mistaken? What I'm asking I guess, is what if your first year has expired but you've only put 6K miles on the car? Do you still get the "1 year" service at 10K?
So got the service done, and the dealer did say that the first year service being covered by warranty DOES EXPIRE at one year, no matter how many miles are on the car. Luckily I was about a week early so I was fine. But they did say that they've had to deny the free service to a number of customers with low mileage cars because they waited until 10k miles which was after the one year window.

·
Registered
91 Posts
For those "planning" their first service - be sure to have it done under miles and under the 1 year mark - Alfa Cares ultimately stepped in and assisted - kudos - but if you wait 54 weeks, expect a service charge of $300-$350 - don't ask me how I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.