Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. New to this forum, but I really appreciate the info exchange. I am seriously considering a ti but in the mid 80s, I bought an Audi 5000 Turbo in the first year of production and had major problems with every system in the car. The second year and after, they were excellent. Any first year problems that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've had my Giulia Ti since Feb 22, about to hit 1000 miles. No issues - other than the constant stares and occasional questions from other drivers!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
1700 miles in Q4 - no issues knock on wood. Think you can get a lemon in any car, there's no guarantee but to me it feels solid and well made.. go on.. you know you want to ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
6700 Miles 2.0 Ti
Pending Issues = 0
Resolved Issues = 2

1. Sunroof buttons stopped functioning properly. I could have resolved this myself if I read the manual. Dealer fixed it in minutes.
2. Car shuts off after Fueling up. Dealer Resolved after software updates.

Alfa has been great as far as the Dealer Experience and IMO truly a pure joy to own one.
Happy motoring miles ahead!

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
72 Posts
QV with 3500 mile - My dealer repaired a hood latch issue and upgraded the software (thereby taking car of a few glitches involving remote start). Given the nature of the car as well as my enjoyment of it, I do not consider these items as significant in any way. In fact, it is concerning that I even remember them...

·
Registered
576 Posts
2,100 miles on my Quadrifoglio and no issues. Solid and extremely pleasing drive. Looking for places to drive to!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Holy Cow! I've got more miles than you now???!!!! 2145:grin2:
Not to be competitive or anything but now I have 2,155 miles! :grin2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Q4 with 7,000 flawless miles.
I was also nervous at the beginning, give the reputation of Fiat ("Fix it again Tony). Not any more. I drive 120 miles a day. When I get close to home in the evening...I want to keep driving. Drivers of the generic dark grey and black German sedans stare with envy at the exclusive Rosso Alfa. They have never seen anything so bright and beautiful.
Awesome car.
No doubt: Germans make, Italians create!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Q4 with 7,000 flawless miles.
I was also nervous at the beginning, give the reputation of Fiat ("Fix it again Tony). Not any more. I drive 120 miles a day. When I get close to home in the evening...I want to keep driving. Drivers of the generic dark grey and black German sedans stare with envy at the exclusive Rosso Alfa. They have never seen anything so bright and beautiful.
Awesome car.
No doubt: Germans make, Italians create!
Yes. Italian cars are the only ones that are truly alive.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2200 miles on my Italian girlfriend with no issues! She just keeps putting that smile on my face every mile!

(...and darn that GOPedal upgrade has been a blast!)

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I've visited two AR dealers to view and test drive the Giulia. I love the car, but the lease terms are still ridiculous. I'm hoping they come down to earth by summer when my current Audi lease expires. One troubling note from my last visit. The salesman took me through the service area to view a car out back, and there was a Giulia in the service bay with its entire sunroof and interior roof of the car completely disassembled. It was a mess. I asked the dealer what was going on, and he just changed the subject by pointing to the gorgeous Maserati being washed in the neighboring bay.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've visited two AR dealers to view and test drive the Giulia. I love the car, but the lease terms are still ridiculous. I'm hoping they come down to earth by summer when my current Audi lease expires. One troubling note from my last visit. The salesman took me through the service area to view a car out back, and there was a Giulia in the service bay with its entire sunroof and interior roof of the car completely disassembled. It was a mess. I asked the dealer what was going on, and he just changed the subject by pointing to the gorgeous Maserati being washed in the neighboring bay.
Yeah, I worked summers in a packing house when I was an undergraduate. You never want to watch how it is made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the issue with the lease deals I keep reading about? The website shows reasonable lease rates ($379/mo for 24 months $4200 down).

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
169 Posts
back to alfa

Hi all...Got my eye on a Giulia to replace the 2011 BMW 535GT in my garage. Was in a 2004 325xi before that. Had a nice test drive last saturday and am starting to get serious about it.

Some 30 years ago when I lived over there, I had a 1974 Alfa 2000GT so I'm thinking of a return of some sort to the brand.

I'll be reading through the posts to allay the early adopter worries. Or not.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts