Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,715 Posts
My ship was the grande Texas. They didn't actually make any promises regarding delivery beyond what ship it was on, but logic and common sense tells me that once it clears customs it should be put on a train to its destination. Sorry, logic and common sense is all I have :-(
If it was Grande Texas, then it skipped Davisville, RI in early February and went straight to Baltimore on Feb 5th (link).

I can't see farther back in time to determine its origin (I've tried a few Vessel sites).

That same ship dropped off Mexican units (Ram/Jeep) on Feb 25th in RI. I see it is primarily used for Mexican factory cars, but there was an Italy origin in November 2021.

So, your car may have arrived even earlier than you think haha.... Or they are entirely wrong and it was on the Grande Florida (with my car) and arrived on Feb 25th (link), which explains why it is taking so long.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So I actually did get an update. It sat in the port of Baltimore from the 3rd to March 2nd, at which point it was loaded into a railcar. Exciting right? WRONG!! Estimated delivery is still March 17th to the 22nd. I feel like you could parade my Veloce around the entire USA on a railcar in that amount of time. Just unreal how inefficient this is.

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,715 Posts
So I actually did get an update. It sat in the port of Baltimore from the 3rd to March 2nd, at which point it was loaded into a railcar. Exciting right? WRONG!! Estimated delivery is still March 17th to the 22nd. I feel like you could parade my Veloce around the entire USA on a railcar in that amount of time. Just unreal how inefficient this is.
Maybe it's part of a Ciao America! Giulia Rail Tour, with stops in...

· Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,366 Posts
My QF sat at the port in San Diego for over 2 weeks...

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Any update Krozman? I ordered a Giulia QV in January. Was told 4 months. Still waiting.. Not even being provided status codes from dealer
I got the car in March, so really not terrible! The only thing I'd say is that you're not going to get reliable information from anyone regarding the status, even after it's been put on a boat. The car spent nearly a month in the U.S. before it arrived at the dealer and the dealer is 100% disconnected from delivery dates.

· Registered
5 Posts
Any update Krozman? I ordered a Giulia QV in January. Was told 4 months. Still waiting.. Not even being provided status codes from dealer
I ordered mine 18 Feb 2022. I was first told rosso etna was not available so I changed the order to ocra gt. I then found out RE was available was I got the order back to RE. In April I was informed the order was canceled and rescheduled as a '23 model. I did not get D1 until Nov. Still in D1 as of a week ago. The dealer got a QV in with my specs except rosso and with sparco seats (I don't want them, although the stitching looked great). I went in a took a look. It was sitting next to a Stelvio QV in RE. The RE looks so good compared to the rosso. I'm going to keep waiting!! It's no consolation, but in speaking with some folks, the U.S. dealers have expressed their extreme displeasure at this situation with Alfa management. While it makes me feel a little better, I still don't have my car, yet I dealers getting some in. Did you get yours?

· Registered
28 Posts
I was wondering if there were even gross status codes. For example - VON assigned which would be the equivalent of order acceptance. I remember that next steps from my Ford experience included scheduled for production, in production, shipped (in my case on a train). At dealer.

· Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if there were even gross status codes. For example - VON assigned which would be the equivalent of order acceptance. I remember that next steps from my Ford experience included scheduled for production, in production, shipped (in my case on a train). At dealer.
I think they use the FCA codes. I was told D means order accepted. D1 production scheduled.

· Registered
28 Posts
I think they use the FCA codes. I was told D means order accepted. D1 production scheduled.
Thank you. My guess is that my status is D since it has a VON, though I don't know if having a VON is the same as order accepted.. There is a separate tab with "Order Details". My guess is that if I had access to that, and only the dealer does as far as I know, I would see the status. Does anyone know the other status codes (e.g., in production, shipped, on board ship, etc.???)

· Registered
5 Posts
I asked for the same info and was told that the plant doesn't often update the codes which is another frustration for the dealer(s). I find that hard to believe, but... you never know. The VON is just an order number. The "D" means they accepted the order so a VON is not a guarantee. Apparently the "D" is the guarantee, if that makes sense. I'm sure there are other on the forum that have better experiences than I've had that can clarify. This is from another thread from a few years back. I believe it is still accurate:
Unscheduled --
BX – good order available for scheduling
BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Dept
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error must be corrected before schedule
BG – order has passed edit but not considered for scheduling
BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - build out hold
BG L – material restriction hold
BG M – material hold (fleet)
ZA - cancelled order

-- Scheduled --
C – tentative schedule
D – firm schedule; number is assigned
D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production

-- Build --
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim

-- Built --
I – unit is pending final inspection
J – vehicle has passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

-- Traffic Codes --
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest order, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

· Registered
28 Posts
I asked for the same info and was told that the plant doesn't often update the codes which is another frustration for the dealer(s). I find that hard to believe, but... you never know. The VON is just an order number. The "D" means they accepted the order so a VON is not a guarantee. Apparently the "D" is the guarantee, if that makes sense. I'm sure there are other on the forum that have better experiences than I've had that can clarify. This is from another thread from a few years back. I believe it is still accurate:
Unscheduled --
BX – good order available for scheduling
BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Dept
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error must be corrected before schedule
BG – order has passed edit but not considered for scheduling
BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - build out hold
BG L – material restriction hold
BG M – material hold (fleet)
ZA - cancelled order

-- Scheduled --
C – tentative schedule
D – firm schedule; number is assigned
D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production

-- Build --
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim

-- Built --
I – unit is pending final inspection
J – vehicle has passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

-- Traffic Codes --
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest order, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

· Registered
28 Posts
I have one follow up to all this. Does anyone have any experience with the approximate amount of time it takes to get from when the VON is created, to the time the order moves to the C, D, and D1, then build states. Obviously I am eager like everyone else, but in my case, knowing the approximate time will help me know if I hold on to the car I am going to trade in or sell it now, before the depreciation gets worse.

· Registered
5 Posts
I don't think there's a magic number. I went from putting a downpayment 2/18/22 to D in about a week (2/23/22). D1 didn't hit until late Oct. I gave my car to my college son in Aug and have been swapping cars with my wife ever since!! If you can go without maybe sell while the selling is good.

· Registered
28 Posts
I don't think there's a magic number. I went from putting a downpayment 2/18/22 to D in about a week (2/23/22). D1 didn't hit until late Oct. I gave my car to my college son in Aug and have been swapping cars with my wife ever since!! If you can go without maybe sell while the selling is good.
Thanks. this helps. I don't know if I can go that long. I wonder if things have improved in terms of order to build times. Moving to D in about a week is very helpful information.

· Registered
28 Posts
Thanks. this helps. I don't know if I can go that long. I wonder if things have improved in terms of order to build times. Moving to D in about a week is very helpful information.
I was just told by the GM at the dealership I am working with that my status is D1. From the list above, that means: D1 – "gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production".
Does anyone have experience with how long usually it takes for a car to go from the state to a state in production. That should give me a better idea of when my car might come. I estimate a week or so for production and another month or so for shipping. The GM said a month for shipping, is probably a good estimate.

A related question, I assume Alfa uses the same ports for delivery. If a car is destined for the South West, what is the most likely port?

Thanks.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts