Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,714 Posts
Another brief update. I was moved to "G" status, which apparently states "Trim." You'd think "Trim" would not take as long as the rest of it, but it's been stuck at that code for 3 weeks. Maybe this is where the computer chip shortages come in? I did order all the extra safety features with my Veloce, so shrug. Still 5 months before I need it, but it turns out I suck at being patient.
What exterior paint color and any change in status?

Not sure if it has a VIN yet, dealer is very taciturn with the information they give. I'm going to ask them directly about it next time. I ordered toward the end of September though.
What exterior paint color?

· Registered
8 Posts
I ordered two in August, maybe middle of the month—they were in D1 for maybe 6 weeks and then had VINs about two weeks later. I think they shipped sometime in October and I took delivery of both a week before Christmas.

The dealer kept getting updates towards the middle of November and was expecting them on each subsequent delivery. He thought the QV was going to show up first, and then it showed the Stelvio coming first. And then out of nowhere got a text message with a pic of the QV, then a call.

Both showed up on the same truck. If yours is tracking similar to mine, perhaps it will show up the last week in February, early March 🤞
🤞Here’s hoping. I really can’t wait to start driving it, hope you’re enjoying yours.

· Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Rosso Etna, which I’m hoping is not the cause of any delays since they’ve already retired it from this model year.
Checked with my dealer and he has a Rosso Etna QV that was ordered in September and scheduled for delivery this month. He believes this is the last year they will have Rosso Etna and Ocra GT available. So, great choice 👍

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mine was moved up to JB status "shipped to body vender" after being in G status for 3 weeks. I ordered the Veloce in Volcano Black with the HK sound/trim and the extra safety features, but kept the black seats. My understanding is that JB is basically just badging and preparing it for shipment, so i'm hoping to finally get it by the end of February.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Any dealer should be able to look up the status codes that I'm sharing here, but the interpretation of how close the car is to arriving based on those codes is still a bit muddled. Even though I get updates on the codes, all of my follow up questions result in a lot of "I don't knows." I'm just bad at waiting for things apparently :-(

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,714 Posts
Rosso Etna, which I’m hoping is not the cause of any delays since they’ve already retired it from this model year.
That was my fear. I ordered a Rosso Etna Veloce on September 15th. I have been stuck in D1 status since October (maybe earlier). I have zero updates beyond D1 and a VON. My dealer actually asked if I wanted to change colors.

I know they stopped taking Rosso Etna orders at some point either in Sept or very early November. I hope one of us gets an update soon.

Checked with my dealer and he has a Rosso Etna QV that was ordered in September and scheduled for delivery this month. He believes this is the last year they will have Rosso Etna and Ocra GT available. So, great choice 👍
I assume QV and 2.0 are either on different lines or not built at the same time, but did his Rosso Etna from September get an updated status beyond D1???

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,714 Posts
Does everyone get a VON with D1 or is it possible to be in D1 without a VON?

I have both currently but I have a Modified date on my POC which is over a month after I received a verbal “D1 status.” So maybe I wasn’t D1 then?

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My veloce arrived at the port of Balitmore on February 12th, but after 3 weeks there has been absolutely no update at all. I'm not a fan of this kind of waiting. Cars are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to the supply chain crisis I guess.

· Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
879 Posts
Not necessarily a supply chain issue. Alfa's logistics info has always been sketchy. Was that way when I ordered a 2018 and still that way when I ordered a 2020. Apparently dealers don't get a lot of updates; then one day you'll get a call "Your car's here". Be patient, it's worth the wait. My 2020 arrived in port on 6/24/20 and was delivered to dealer on 7/5. At that time there weren't any supply chain issues, and a lot less vehicles moving because of COVID.

· Registered
Noble Italian Sportiness
2,714 Posts
My veloce arrived at the port of Balitmore on February 12th, but after 3 weeks there has been absolutely no update at all. I'm not a fan of this kind of waiting. Cars are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to the supply chain crisis I guess.
Which boat arrived on Feb 12?

I question this because zero ROROs from FCA (Italy) arrived in RI for January and the next was, Grande Florida on Feb 23rd. The ROROs usually go from Halifax, Canada to Davisville, Rhode Island to Baltimore. The Grande Florida docked in Baltimore on Feb 25th.

My Veloce Q4 arrived at the port in Rhode Island on Feb 23rd. According to Alfa customer service the delivery range was 3/1 to 3/13. 3/1 is actually the first time my VIN loaded a window sticker. I haven't heard anything new since.

I assume there are still truck/trailer shortages, so it will take time. Plus, I'd think that cars traveling farther west get shipped out first since their total delivery time will be longer than mine, which should only take hours.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My ship was the grande Texas. They didn't actually make any promises regarding delivery beyond what ship it was on, but logic and common sense tells me that once it clears customs it should be put on a train to its destination. Sorry, logic and common sense is all I have :-(

21 - 40 of 60 Posts