Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've begun my infiltration of the "Bimmerboys" at "Bimmerpost".....Wow...spend a few minutes reading the stuff on that forum....You need a strong stomach and not much going on in life....So far I've been like a "Scud" missle...but I just posted a very large pic of my Quad, stating it's my "cousin's Quad" in Italy....the bait has been set....I'll keep you posted....D >:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Come on "cousin", you got to post a link to that thread.....>:)

Edit: found it "Bavboy".....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bavboy vs Badboy.......

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"AAAEEEEYYYYY....there's the rub...."0:)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marchionne's brother strikes again......I thought it would fly since I don't have a front license plate...can you point out the other cues....??

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Your first cue would be the US-spec headlights. The registration and emissions stickers would be another. Also, front plates are mandatory across Europe. In Italy specifically, no front plate is a violation of Highway Code, Article 100, Section 1, technically punishable with a fine between 84 and 335 Euro and three months of vehicle "administrative hold" (car is not physically impounded, but cannot be used). In case of repeated offenses, the car can be subject to confiscation.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So I've begun my infiltration of the "Bimmerboys" at "Bimmerpost".....Wow...spend a few minutes reading the stuff on that forum....You need a strong stomach and not much going on in life....So far I've been like a "Scud" missle...but I just posted a very large pic of my Quad, stating it's my "cousin's Quad" in Italy....the bait has been set....I'll keep you posted....D >:)
I just don't get why it's necessary to even do this....

Who cares what they think or post?

:confused:

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
LOL thanks for doing this just before we're going to a BMW track day :D

If you get questioned, you said your cousin was in Italy.. you don't say the car is there ;D
First off...I can tell you that most members of the BMWCCA club, especially those that instruct and attend HPDE or Club Race...are really good people...quick to help you with a problem at the track, whether it be a part, wrench or troubleshoot.
Also they are car-people, obviously they have a loyalty to BMW as Afisti have to Alfa, but they appreciate all cars...
Do you run into A-Wholes?? yup just like any other car club....don't think you will have issues with anyone there at all...and if you do, you ran into that 1 fan-boy:grin2:
When I was at a BMW sponsored M-Track event with the Quad, most of the people were really pleasant, I ran into a few of my old driving buddies from back in the day and they ribbed me a bit...then I let one "BMW" guy drive her and while I can't say I converted him....he genuinely got out of the car impressed....
I was hoping that this Forum would be a bit different than the M3Forum which has really gotten out of hand in many cases....
Life to short, enjoy the Giulia!
M

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Most car people are nice to be around in person regardless of brand....forum's annonimity barrier tends to attract professional arguers and just plain negative people as well as true triolls....add to that the fact that written word transmitts only fraction of communication in person and you have a recipe for unpleasant experience....every single forum I belong too has same bell curve of personalities...always found invaluable info from people on all kinds of forums and just avoid pointless bickering

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
nailed it. I think if anyone starts a war with any forum in our community name... any links will be removed and highly likely the user banned. I personally look at this as a bit of reaction fishing with no harm done... let's keep it that way.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Typical generalizations....

" I finally saw a base Guilia on the road and it looked nice. The QV looked great at the Philly Auto show last year. I'd like to drive one. However, no attractive leasing and questionable reliability put me off like many others. "

A BMW owner talking about "reliability"....it's laughable....

Reactions: MakeitRain

·
Registered
423 Posts
Most car people are nice to be around in person regardless of brand....forum's annonimity barrier tends to attract professional arguers and just plain negative people as well as true triolls....add to that the fact that written word transmitts only fraction of communication in person and you have a recipe for unpleasant experience....every single forum I belong too has same bell curve of personalities...always found invaluable info from people on all kinds of forums and just avoid pointless bickering
Well said!

So disappointing (but hardly surprising!) when auto enthusiasts can't have intelligent discussion when comparing cars.

I'd like to think in the QV segment anyone could find something to like about a particular competitor - I believe they all have their strengths & weaknesses. We're enjoying the 2nd golden era of the automobile & should be so lucky to have so many great options in the ~70K price range!

Bottom line, I think credit should be given where its due. QV, M3, C63, ATS-V are all great cars with characteristics any enthusiast should appreciate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
LOL! Love you Alfaholico.

Don't be too mean over there, I've been an M3 owner. The Quad is a no choice really though.

I think it's amazing some of the criticism of the Quad is over on that forum, what kind of accountant do you have to be where a Quad doesn't excite you one bit and a current gen M3 does? WTF!

Also, the criticism of the interior... As Chris Harris said, if you buy a car just based on that you're nuts. I even said that to the dealer salesman when was doing a test drive.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really have no intention of being confrontational....I just want to get a sense of the "pulse" of that Forum with respect to acknowledging the Giulia and Alfa at large as a competitor.... My assumption is that the average poster on that Forum has no sense of the Trans Am rivalry that made Alfa and BMW (as well as Nissan) competitors years ago....and as such, I am curious to see if the comments are like the first I encountered, concerns about "Reliability"....I mean every mass produced car can potentially crap out from time to time...no ?

Reactions: MakeitRain
1 - 20 of 50 Posts